What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Oil wells converted to fresh water wells
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="TFX 186" data-source="post: 345669" data-attributes="member: 2289"><p>Speaking of water wells and oil wells...... I started having some issues with my water well 2 years ago. When I pumped the well hard it silted up so bad it plugged my house filters and I had to try pump my hydrant for days to try clear it up. It never really cleared up so I had to just limit my usage to little or nothing until it settled down. I had never had trouble with the well before and it's about 30 years old. Low and behold I ended up burning out the submersible pump and had to call a well guy to change it for me. I showed him the fine sand I had pumped out of it and the first question he asked is where did they drill the oil well around here. I told him about 6-7 miles west of me. He just shook his head. My well is almost 500' deep. Do any of you water/oil well guys have any info about this? Is it possible to mess up an aquifer drilling through it? Don't they use precautions of some kind when drilling oil wells so this doesn't happen? Is the old timer well driller just full of it?</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="TFX 186, post: 345669, member: 2289"] Speaking of water wells and oil wells...... I started having some issues with my water well 2 years ago. When I pumped the well hard it silted up so bad it plugged my house filters and I had to try pump my hydrant for days to try clear it up. It never really cleared up so I had to just limit my usage to little or nothing until it settled down. I had never had trouble with the well before and it's about 30 years old. Low and behold I ended up burning out the submersible pump and had to call a well guy to change it for me. I showed him the fine sand I had pumped out of it and the first question he asked is where did they drill the oil well around here. I told him about 6-7 miles west of me. He just shook his head. My well is almost 500' deep. Do any of you water/oil well guys have any info about this? Is it possible to mess up an aquifer drilling through it? Don't they use precautions of some kind when drilling oil wells so this doesn't happen? Is the old timer well driller just full of it? [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
13 minutes ago
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
P
Lotsa bots
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Yesterday at 5:58 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Oil wells converted to fresh water wells
Top
Bottom