What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Oil wells converted to fresh water wells
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="TFX 186" data-source="post: 345672" data-attributes="member: 2289"><p>Allen,</p><p>Thanks for the feedback. What I was talking about by pumping it hard is this. I have a hydrant just a little distance from the well head. The hydrant pumps wide open. I had a 3/4 hp pump in the well. I watered my garden with the hydrant. When I use the hydrant full out and not throttled down, it stirs the really fine sand really bad. I actually installed the filters about 2 years before any sand showed up. I had a water company install some treatment and it was suggested to also install a large home filter before the water hit anything in the house. No one around my area has a decent well. The old guys woudn't spend the money to dig deep enough to get water that wasn't coal vein water. Do you think I would be able to dig another well in my yard of the same depth and not have the real fine sand? The old timer well guy said that fine of sand can't be filtered or screened out in the casing? And yes you re correct, the average guy living in the country and having a well, knows very little about water wells and who to get to have a good chance of getting a decent well dug and finished. Usually, it's IF you can get someone to drill one or fix one. I don't see any chance of rural water for this household in my lifetime anyway.</p><p> PS for any of you that take your good water for granted, there are those of us that haul water or will be hauling water soon. Maybe after the government is done making sure all the reservations in ND have free water, the rest of us, farmers, ranchers and average Joes will get a shot at decent water. 3rd world problems in our backyard! Sorry for the rant.</p><p>Thanks Allen</p><p>Fish On!</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="TFX 186, post: 345672, member: 2289"] Allen, Thanks for the feedback. What I was talking about by pumping it hard is this. I have a hydrant just a little distance from the well head. The hydrant pumps wide open. I had a 3/4 hp pump in the well. I watered my garden with the hydrant. When I use the hydrant full out and not throttled down, it stirs the really fine sand really bad. I actually installed the filters about 2 years before any sand showed up. I had a water company install some treatment and it was suggested to also install a large home filter before the water hit anything in the house. No one around my area has a decent well. The old guys woudn't spend the money to dig deep enough to get water that wasn't coal vein water. Do you think I would be able to dig another well in my yard of the same depth and not have the real fine sand? The old timer well guy said that fine of sand can't be filtered or screened out in the casing? And yes you re correct, the average guy living in the country and having a well, knows very little about water wells and who to get to have a good chance of getting a decent well dug and finished. Usually, it's IF you can get someone to drill one or fix one. I don't see any chance of rural water for this household in my lifetime anyway. PS for any of you that take your good water for granted, there are those of us that haul water or will be hauling water soon. Maybe after the government is done making sure all the reservations in ND have free water, the rest of us, farmers, ranchers and average Joes will get a shot at decent water. 3rd world problems in our backyard! Sorry for the rant. Thanks Allen Fish On! [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Having a bad day?
Latest: oaktackle
13 minutes ago
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: bertmole75
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
P
Lotsa bots
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
An oddball.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Walleye tour sodak.
Latest: goldenpaddle74
Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 9:07 PM
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:23 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Twins
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:22 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:20 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Yesterday at 7:40 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Yesterday at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Yesterday at 5:58 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Oil wells converted to fresh water wells
Top
Bottom