Old Town Predator XL Minn Kota Kayak

Lostlunker

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was browsing Cabelas website this morning and happened to be looking at the kayaks and ran across this deal. If anyone is looking for a steal on one of the best fishing kayaks out there this is practically highway robbery if the price is correct.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/boat...-kayaks/_/N-1100570/Ns-CATEGORY_SEQ_104252580

Selling for $679 and retails for $3k so that's about $2700 off. Has the built in 45lb thrust minn kota on it too. I sure don't need one but might order on at this price. Anyone have any experience with this kayak?

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow, even though i have almost no need for that its tempting. $130 shipping but still a great deal.

Well I ordered one, thanks for making me unexpectedly spend $800 this morning.

Last edited:

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep have to be quick on the trigger for deals like that. I just checked every color, was going to order another and sell it. All gone!

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
All show in stock now... It is also curious that they are shipping direct from the manufacturer. You would think at that price Cabelas would be looking to reduce inventory.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
All show in stock now... It is also curious that they are shipping direct from the manufacturer. You would think at that price Cabelas would be looking to reduce inventory.

Once you try to "add it to cart" it gives you the error out of stock message. The whole thing will be taken down by end of day. everything happens to fast for them to update the website that quick.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn the motor for those are $1,200 alone!

- - - Updated - - -

How can they be out of stock at the manufacturer? Would bet if you called them and pushed back a bit saying something about false advertising you could still get one at that price.

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn the motor for those are $1,200 alone!

- - - Updated - - -

How can they be out of stock at the manufacturer? Would bet if you called them and pushed back a bit saying something about false advertising you could still get one at that price.

LOL!! false advertising, really?

I think you need to look up the meaning of false advertising.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I talked to customer service, they informed me it was a pricing error that is the reason why they are showing out of stock. That sucks

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I talked to customer service, they informed me it was a pricing error that is the reason why they are showing out of stock. That sucks

I kind of figured that may have been the issue especially since all of the sudden all 4 colors were sold out. Probably was supposed to be a different kayak, or maybe $1,679 or $2,679. Will be interesting to see if they honor my order. My credit card transaction alert went off on my phone & I received a confirm email so I'm hoping I'm good.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
LOL!! false advertising, really?

I think you need to look up the meaning of false advertising.

I know exactly what it is and I know how they handle upset customers having worked for them. They don't like people being upset since you can't sell out on factory direct...you can have delayed shipping but not sold out unless they list a set quantity at the price. so to say you have them but don't would be false. Thus why we now learn they are not sold out but instead somebody in Sidney hit some buttons wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

I kind of figured that may have been the issue especially since all of the sudden all 4 colors were sold out. Probably was supposed to be a different kayak, or maybe $1,679 or $2,679. Will be interesting to see if they honor my order. My credit card transaction alert went off on my phone & I received a confirm email so I'm hoping I'm good.

Let us know if they do. Would guess they had you agree to them having the right to stop the transaction for 24 hours or something like that. They don't like to ruffle to many feathers so unless they sold a ton which is fully posable they may well follow through.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
A couple years ago I scored on a leica 1600 Cabelas had listed for $549. An hour later it was pulled from the site. The next day it was back on for $649 but pulled down again a few hours later and the day after that it was listed on sale for $749. Somebody screwed up a few times, I kick myself for not ordering 10 of them. If the transaction went through cabelas will stand behind the price it was listed at.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man a guy could have turned around and more then doubled their money on these! He'll keep the yak and sell the motor for a grand!

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well my order for the Kayak was cancelled. Can't say i'm surprised, it looks like this deal hit some of the deal websites and several hundred were probably ordered. Cabales would have lost over a grand on each one. I will say that just by doing some research, it seems like this is becoming an increasingly common thing for Cabelas. Part of me wonders if they are purposely doing shit like this to generate traffic to their website in hopes people order other things as well. If you find a great deal, only order that. Don't order other stuff just because you are placing an order.

Thank you for your recent order for the Old Town Predator XL MinnKota Kayak.

Cabela’s is founded on the delivery of legendary customer experiences and we take that very seriously. Unfortunately, the Old Town Predator Kayak was inadvertently listed with the incorrect price. In light of this pricing error orders for this item are being cancelled and your payment reimbursed. We truly apologize for this error and the disappointment this will cause. Every effort is made to avoid mistakes in our catalogs and our website. This product has been removed from purchasing until corrections are made.

If you would like to review price specification details please click here: https://cabelas.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/296/kw/price

We appreciate your interest in our merchandise,and we welcome the opportunity to serve your sporting needs.

Sincerely,
Cabela’s Customer Service

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would think offering a gift card for an undetermined amount would gain those customers back. And bring in some revenue because who stops at 50$.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would think offering a gift card for an undetermined amount would gain those customers back. And bring in some revenue because who stops at 50$.

I didn't call and complain, but from what i read on another site they were telling everyone to stick it. One guy even said they told him they were giving him a gift card and then they called back later and told him they weren't.

Last edited:

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had the same thing happen to me with a rangefinder on Amazon. They wouldn't honor the deal no matter how much argument I put up. It was worth a try I guess.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 149
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88