Outdoor Job Opportunity for College Kid

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
One of my best buddies just posted his job openings for the year. He runs an outfitting/transporter business for world class moose hunting and wilderness fishing out of Bethel, AK. If you got a college age kid/grandkid/friend that is looking to get into aviation, outfitting/guiding, or just general Alaska stuff; this is an excellent foot in the door type job.

It’s essentially no days off from June 1 to October 1. The work ethic and mechanical mindset of Midwestern farm kids usually makes them a good fit for the dock hand job. Figured someone here would maybe know a good fit.

The lodge handler is also a neat job if you know a young lady. The other lodge handler (Jasmine) is outstanding and the owner takes care of them girls and watches over them like his own daughters.

Pay for both is competitive and tips are very good. He has no problem filling these positions, but as a Midwestern kid I didn’t even know opportunities like this existed, so figured I would put it out there for someone. If I could go back in time, I would be on a plane to do this job the day after high school graduation.

https://www.pbadventures.com/employment

5608AD1A-3342-453C-9A4C-A89E0EFF7950.jpeg

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yes sir! Typically he has one or two openings a year. If you have social media, you can give them a follow and he usually posts up the job openings around this time of year.

My brother actually took a job with him a couple summers ago after leaving UND with an aviation degree. Instead of flying right away, he decided to do this for 6 months. He loved it. He will likely end up as a pilot for them in the next few years because of it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75