What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Fishing
Boat Fishing
Pontoons for fishing?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Allen" data-source="post: 460000" data-attributes="member: 389"><p>Juan, </p><p></p><p>It's a bold step to go away from such a nice fishing rig as your ProV and depend on a Toon for all your boating and fishing needs. Sounds like a pretty nice toon you are considering, I am guessing it's at least a 22 ft ride, or probably a 24 footer. On Sakakawea, I wouldn't hesitate at all to go with a 22+ foot tritoon running that many horses. That toon will be plenty safe and comfortable up to about 3 ft waves so long as you are running into or with them.</p><p></p><p>As far as loading onto a bunk trailer. I'm not going to say it's as easy as my Lund on a roller trailer, but you will get it figured out. In all reality, I am just about as fast at loading the toon so long as there isn't a lot (15+ mph) cross winds. In those situations the toon's rear will sometimes want to float off to the side of the bunks. </p><p></p><p>I would have gone to just a toon several years ago except I don't want to have to fish the Missouri river in the spring on the toon. As the kids are now entering college and I no longer have to regularly skipper 6 people out fishing, I may upgrade to one of those sparkly boats in the near future, but am quite sure if I go that route that I will miss the toon during the summer lake fishing season.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Allen, post: 460000, member: 389"] Juan, It's a bold step to go away from such a nice fishing rig as your ProV and depend on a Toon for all your boating and fishing needs. Sounds like a pretty nice toon you are considering, I am guessing it's at least a 22 ft ride, or probably a 24 footer. On Sakakawea, I wouldn't hesitate at all to go with a 22+ foot tritoon running that many horses. That toon will be plenty safe and comfortable up to about 3 ft waves so long as you are running into or with them. As far as loading onto a bunk trailer. I'm not going to say it's as easy as my Lund on a roller trailer, but you will get it figured out. In all reality, I am just about as fast at loading the toon so long as there isn't a lot (15+ mph) cross winds. In those situations the toon's rear will sometimes want to float off to the side of the bunks. I would have gone to just a toon several years ago except I don't want to have to fish the Missouri river in the spring on the toon. As the kids are now entering college and I no longer have to regularly skipper 6 people out fishing, I may upgrade to one of those sparkly boats in the near future, but am quite sure if I go that route that I will miss the toon during the summer lake fishing season. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
N
migration 26
Latest: NDbowman
Today at 8:45 PM
Fall fishing?
Latest: eyexer
Today at 6:36 PM
B
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: Browneye
Today at 6:14 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Jiffy
Today at 6:08 PM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: 1bigfokker
Today at 6:06 PM
Walkin and thinkin
Latest: Duckslayer100
Today at 4:43 PM
Bear Again
Latest: 5575
Today at 4:10 PM
Sale
Ford Tailgate bench
Latest: BrokenBackJack
Today at 12:48 PM
ISO - Brittany Pup
Latest: BDub
Today at 10:16 AM
Ham/Women
Latest: CatDaddy
Yesterday at 10:13 PM
P
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
Yesterday at 8:58 PM
I HATE coyotes!!!!
Latest: bucksnbears
Yesterday at 8:13 PM
Sharptails/Huns with labradors
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 7:30 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: 3Roosters
Yesterday at 4:45 PM
ISO Vizsla pup
Latest: Yoby
Yesterday at 3:17 PM
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: Eatsleeptrap
Yesterday at 6:30 AM
A
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: Auggie
Yesterday at 6:02 AM
Pronghorn
Latest: Maddog
Monday at 6:52 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Monday at 2:31 AM
Lotsa bots
Latest: Davy Crockett
Sunday at 8:43 PM
T
NDSU to the FBS???
Latest: Twitch
Sunday at 7:24 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Fishing
Boat Fishing
Pontoons for fishing?
Top
Bottom