RR Red River 5-22-24

Captainbrad

Founding Member
Founding Member
Things have slowed a little over the past week. All this means is the crazy numbers of fish are more normal/ Water levels remain perfect, water temps are still in the low-60s and the bigger catfish are continuing to move in. There has been rain upstream near Fargo that is going to put the FM area into minor flooding. As this moves north (based on current projections) it will bring the river up a foot or two but should not cause many issues.

Patterns remain the same again this week. Look for catfish in the faster water right on the break line or smaller holes near that line. Sun still seems to be playing a factor and as it gets higher and puts some heat on things and they will move into the faster current. Expect to sit on spots at least 20 minutes before getting bigger fish bites. I have been sitting on spots for 35-40 minutes if I get fish around that 20 minute mark. You will know whether to move or not when the time comes.

Bait still doesn’t matter again this week. I have had great success on sucker and others have told me goldeye is working great too.

The stars are still aligned so be sure to take advantage.

Photo: I shot an episode of Jon Thelen's Destination Fish on Monday. Will air early 2025

Redrivercatfish.com

Attachments

438086476_966579498801448_7824339956662619076_n.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 98
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59