lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://www.sportfishingmag.com/howto/weird-ways-to-catch-fish/

electrofishing_snakehead.jpg

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish trot lines were legal , It would be fun to run a trapline on the Red or Cheyenne with pickle wheat

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Old school tactics are a gift that keeps giving, I still save wooden hockey sticks and broom handles and make extra ice fishing stuff and give it to the grandkids so they can grow up with a little old school stuff too. Found an old claw hammer a couple days ago that my Dad had had polished up with a buffer wheel and he made a new handle out of a composite hockey stick, Tape for a grip and all, I smiled when I found it , the handle will most probably outlast the steel, maybe still be around in 500 years and owned by my great great great great great great great great grandsons son.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Got a Northern hole, use the whole kitchen spoon holes drilled on both ends, one for the hook and one for the line, leave it silver, they will like it. PS, the bigger the spoon the bigger the fish

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
You may be surprised what a bag of original Cheetos will do for trout/bluegill and cats in any situation.

Fresh floats; a couple days stale sinks and may last for more than one cast. This has all sorts of implication from fly rod, slip float and Carolina Rig w/no roll sinker. Never tried it in the fall at the State Park. Nightcrawlers work under a float: Why wouldn't a Cheeto? It's a cheap bait and works well IME.

I've pissed off folks in four states by kicking their asses against fancy egg sacks and prepared pastes. I've never had a one on one against any variety of earthworm...IDK.

I've also had good fun on the river bank down South with the perfect consistency paste of Doritos and Budweiser. Catfish CANNOT resist this shit. One needs a gallon zip lock bag and a bit of of artistry...I'm sure it'd catch a trout: Cheetos are easier.

AGAIN: Original Cheetos--not puffs.

My absurd rep does not apply to fishing or firearms. I want everyone to have great success and be creative. The most important shit is to compile/apply knowledge and experience to get another kid addicted. It took me a couple years to realize how to live vicariously and stop fishing for myself. Through myself is a greater reward.

You can teach a kid one hell of a lot in the back yard with a casting plug, hula hoop and you being the "fish". The boy in August '04 caught a 28in 7.5lb walleye below the Darling Dam. He was 3 1/2. From hookset to landing; it was all him. Never once during the battle did he give slack or reel against the drag on his Dale Earnhardt Jr combo. Anyways, you must be immediately available for snags and knots. It took about a year after this fish to realize ALL attention MUST be focused on him.

He was that 7yrd kid throwing the Husky Jerk on a 7ft baitcasting rig at the Tailrace. Those days were cool. Bait is a messy bunch of bullshit: Cheetos are an option. No shit.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
M80, Glass baby food jars half full of rocks, about 6ft of mason line, wooden boat (don't dent) Quick hands= all the sunfish you want to clean in about 3 depth charges. Had to bait them a little first with some corn. Crazy cousins taught me that one over in Minn. LB

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 75