Scheels brand line counting reels

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wondering if anybody has any feedback about them. I am thinking of purchasing one and I only have time to get out about 3 to 5 times a year so I wouldn't be using it a lot and I see scheels has them on sale. Also wondering if they have any type of warranty with them? Thanks.

BGH

Founding Member
Founding Member
The SX reel that is normally 99.99 on sale for 79.99 is fantastic. Have four of them on my trolling rods

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Not a big fan of okuma built cheap reels. I rather get a Cabelas Depthmaster. Those are made by diawa.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Scheels reels are cheap. After a few uses the reset buttons quite working. I've also stripped the gearing using to heavy of weights for salmon. I've always bought the rod and reel combo. I don't think the reel is covered under warranty but they replaced mine twice no questions asked. The last time they let me get the leadcore reel instead which seems much higher quality.

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Scheels reels are cheap. After a few uses the reset buttons quite working. I've also stripped the gearing using to heavy of weights for salmon. I've always bought the rod and reel combo. I don't think the reel is covered under warranty but they replaced mine twice no questions asked. The last time they let me get the leadcore reel instead which seems much higher quality.

Ill second the reset button. I will not be buying anymore of these. Nothing worse than the reset button sticking and the line counter not counting while in the heat of the moment. I too bought them as I don't crank a whole lot but Diawa will be the only line counters I run here on out.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34