Sharpening strikemaster lazer blades

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another vote of confidence for Val's Cyclery in Minot. I sent 3 sets to them last summer and I'm impressed. They cut like new blades.

Anyone know how many times they can be sharpened before they are junk?
What's the turnaround time like with Val's? Have a few sets that I'd like to get touched up. And if they're just realigning the edge and not taking off too much metal I'd guess you could get quite a few hones out of a set

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another vote of confidence for Val's Cyclery in Minot. I sent 3 sets to them last summer and I'm impressed. They cut like new blades.

Anyone know how many times they can be sharpened before they are junk?

Yep same here. I have 4 sets of blades and fish the river alot and they have always sharpened mine and I've always had good luck with them.

not sure how many times but I'd say a couple pairs of mine have been sharpened 6 or so times

nytebyte

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure if it would always be the case but I dropped off my Ion blades in the mourning and picked them up in the afternoon at Vals. Great service.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's the turnaround time like with Val's? Have a few sets that I'd like to get touched up. And if they're just realigning the edge and not taking off too much metal I'd guess you could get quite a few hones out of a set

Like NyteByte stated, it's pretty quick if I remember right, but I couldn't say for sure though. I've sent them up with family and had them drop them off and pick them up. Can't beat that service!!

- - - Updated - - -

For you guys buying new all the time, I'd offer $10 a set for your old ones.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
kentucky,depends on what type of blades you have,serated or smooth?,never wore out serated but I suspect you'll get a handful of re sharping on them,the smooth lazer blades are more durable and last longer.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member

I am thinking that I sent them out 1 day, and got them back 2 days later.

KBV

Founding Member
Founding Member
Val's does a hell of a job sharpening and they have good turn around time.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 52
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 17