O Silver Bridge Again 9/13/24

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah I drive in from Berthold so it's pretty easy to reach. Only about 22 minutes, half gravel. The last 2 miles is the sketchy part. Thankfully the husband is only a call away and can come drag me out if I get stuck anywhere If Im fucking stupid enough to tempt the mud gods. The missing bridge is fun there. And very peaceful. I hope it doesn't become a regular thing seeing people there or I'll have to change places. I prefer solitude to get my along time out of the house.
I was talking about coming down from the east from 83. I haven't been down or around there for a minute. I just saw I posted "Velva" like a retard. I will edit. I meant "base side"/east.

Your current route is "safe".

Holy shit: Approaching from 83 is dangerous in wet weather/conditions. You could be stranded and your husband couldn't help unless he could enlist a tractor: You'd have a long slog and your vehicle could remain in place until the next dry spell. There's a real freakn' steep hill before you cross through the marsh.

Fun Fact: Either side of the east road is a pike nursery: It's full of hammer handles in Spring. They'll hit like bream off a dock.

That is all.

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was talking about coming down from the east from 83. I haven't been down or around there for a minute. I just saw I posted "Velva" like a retard. I will edit. I meant "base side"/east.

Your current route is "safe".

Holy shit: Approaching from 83 is dangerous in wet weather/conditions. You could be stranded and your husband couldn't help unless he could enlist a tractor: You'd have a long slog and your vehicle could remain in place until the next dry spell. There's a real freakn' steep hill before you cross through the marsh.

Fun Fact: Either side of the east road is a pike nursery: It's full of hammer handles in Spring. They'll hit like bream off a dock.

That is all.
Did you drive down past the closed road sign?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was going to say "You're crazy" if you did. I walked it in and out last night and the erosion has ruts that are deeper than I am tall.
I'm glad you chimed in. I would've never imagined! It was scary as hell twice for me and the boy after some rain. The aforementioned hill remained "dry" to lure you into "insanity": Once; I pushed through to the bridge and he caught a shitton of pike on plastic worms. There were a few more trips without incident.

The 2nd bad event was in late spring on a good fishing day: Overcast and rain all around: Everyone else at work and me and the boy at large: I got to the bottom of "Evel Knievel Hill"; slid my front end: then thanked God again for 4WD and the reverse gear. I used it to get out of the 1st deal after using a 5yoa kid to help me get turned around:

I give thanks to God I had good tires.

That is all.

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm glad you chimed in. I would've never imagined! It was scary as hell twice for me and the boy after some rain. The aforementioned hill remained "dry" to lure you into "insanity": Once; I pushed through to the bridge and he caught a shitton of pike on plastic worms. There were a few more trips without incident.

The 2nd bad event was in late spring on a good fishing day: Overcast and rain all around: Everyone else at work and me and the boy at large: I got to the bottom of "Evel Knievel Hill"; slid my front end: then thanked God again for 4WD and the reverse gear. I used it to get out of the 1st deal after using a 5yoa kid to help me get turned around:

I give thanks to God I had good tires.

That is all.
The township closed the road a few years back. There’s a big locked gate up at the intersection by the gravel. I have no clue who, but I did walk a trail where a vehicle knocked down the brush. I think it came from the bottom though, so someone must have accessed it from the service road.

If someone drove a vehicle down there and hit the wash out, they’d need a crane to get their vehicle out.

Tinesdown

Established Member
The township closed the road a few years back. There’s a big locked gate up at the intersection by the gravel. I have no clue who, but I did walk a trail where a vehicle knocked down the brush. I think it came from the bottom though, so someone must have accessed it from the service road.

If someone drove a vehicle down there and hit the wash out, they’d need a crane to get their vehicle out.
Not sure where the fishing spot is but have hunted on the moose river west of bottineau

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 219
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 65
  • This month: 65
  • This month: 55