Sleeping bag

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
This to a tee been doing it 40 years and packed it on many hunting trips horse or pack in.

You're a tougher man than I. Pack in a full size feather pillow too? ;)

Reminds me of a time when I went over to my old neighbors garage as he was preparing for a CO backpack hunt. Some of the shit he was packing up the mountain was beyond heavy, and in a pack that belonged in a museum (along with half the shit he was packing). But, it worked!! I would imagine in 20 years one could say the same about the crap I have now.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
This to a tee been doing it 40 years and packed it on many hunting trips horse or pack in.

Pack in? I really want to see the pack that sleeping bag fits in. Not saying that doesn't look like a kickass sleep system for anything a mountain can throw at you besides torrential rain, but it does seem a little bulky.

Enormous_pack.jpg

BrewCrew

★★★★ Legendary Member
I just looked up Western Mountaineering sleeping bags - holy cow are those spendy - their warmest one goes for almost $1,200.00 - they average over $350..........

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just looked up Western Mountaineering sleeping bags - holy cow are those spendy - their warmest one goes for almost $1,200.00 - they average over $350..........

Buy once cry once. Then cry one more time when you're sleeping under the stars and an errant spark hits your sleeping bag

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Buy once cry once. Then cry one more time when you're sleeping under the stars and an errant spark hits your sleeping bag
Or when your hunting buddy knocks over the gas heater on your sleeping bag. Nylon dont take that much heat all at once.

dakotaeye29

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 20 degree slick bag. Extra wide and tall. I wouldnt do the wide again. If doing again I would go 0 degree. Its a warm bag but would get cold without my stove when below 20. I heat a water bottle and through in the bottom if need be. I am in the bismarck area if you want to look at it. Kuiu and stone glacier are very nice bags.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lord help you if that stuff gets wet..
That is what the canvas bed roll protects. Dad took me all over this great nation in all conditions never a problem most of time in on horse back to some of gods country. Bob Marshall and West Yellowstone in Montana, to Jackson Hole area of Wyoming, Snake River in Idaho, to Utah, Colorado, NW territory, and beyond this is what alot of the guides used and they know best. not bulky at all.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bet there isn't a guide out there that would touch it today with the technology we have now

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67