Smooth Moves Air or WavePro 2.0

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hey all,
I am in the market for some suspension bases for my boat seats and not sure what route to go. I have it narrowed down to these 2 but can't decide what route to go. I have a lund tyee 186GL and I already sit too high with the low windshields Lund puts on ;:;banghead. So any added height is going to be the biggest factor for me. I am 290# and 6'2" tall

I like the size profile of the wavepro but its not a deal breaker. I also like the power air pump on the Smooth Moves and I have 12v accessibility on both sides of the boat for both bases. I fish with multiple partners so that flexibility for quick adjustments would be nice.

Can the great NDA world please shed some insight with their experiences to help me out?

Thanks in advance.
Bauer

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
The nice thing about the wave pro is they,are easy to move. You could take the seat to a different boat for the day or weekend if need be.

ndskeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wavepro hands down. I have used both and in my opinion there is no comparison between the two. No matter how adjusted you get the smooth moves they will load up in waves and buck you around. The Wavepro weighs a little over 6 lbs while the smooth move is about 70 lbs. The Wavepro ride is leaps and bounds better and never tries to buck you around or load up. With them both being around the same price point there is no choice there.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Am I seeing correctly that the WavePro is over $700?

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have wavepro, Skeeter nailed it.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wavepro hands down. I have used both and in my opinion there is no comparison between the two. No matter how adjusted you get the smooth moves they will load up in waves and buck you around. The Wavepro weighs a little over 6 lbs while the smooth move is about 70 lbs. The Wavepro ride is leaps and bounds better and never tries to buck you around or load up. With them both being around the same price point there is no choice there.

The new version (air) do not buck anymore. No more ejection seat!!

I have not used Wavepro; but have heard great things about them. I wouldn't hesitate to use either product as long as you use the version 2.0 (air) of the Smooth Moves.

ndskeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
The new version (air) do not buck anymore. No more ejection seat!!

I have not used Wavepro; but have heard great things about them. I wouldn't hesitate to use either product as long as you use the version 2.0 (air) of the Smooth Moves.

Aaron is right....I forgot that Smooth Moves added the new air version this year, however you need a 12v outlet close if you want to make adjustments to them while on the water. I haven't been on the air version, only the ultras. Price point is almost identical between them at that point. I will also say taking to smooth moves out of the boat is like removing a person, THEY ARE HEAVY!

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member

I have no experience with either but if it were me I would pick the wavepro just for the less weight. Especially if you are putting in more than one of them.

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks guys, doing some reading online I am finding that the general consensus says you cant really go wrong with the smooth moves air (2.0) but there are things about the wavepro that separate the boys from men a little bit. Little things that were done differently or better to create the extra edge. Appreciate the help!

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
i have wavepro's in the boat, I actually got to ride in 2 boats 1 with smooth moves and 1 with wave pro's and never touched a dock (brett king's warrior was the one that had the smooth moves and he was the inventor of the smooth moves) point being, wave pro was 100% better ride, if I had not gone from 1 to the other i would have probably had a hard time seeing the difference though.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 58
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 19