Spicy food

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who likes the fire in their food? What's your go to hot sauce? What is the hottest food you have eaten.
I like Frank's hot sauce extra spicy, Tabasco habenero and regular, I think I'm going to try the ghost pepper one next.
I did the one chip challenge which was the fifth dumbest thing I have done
Campbell's soup has come out with a new soup, ghost pepper chicken noodle that's got a kick that's just the right amount of heat. The kind of heat that makes your stomach feel like it's on fire.

Jim Simmers

Established Member
Who likes the fire in their food? What's your go to hot sauce? What is the hottest food you have eaten.
I like Frank's hot sauce extra spicy, Tabasco habenero and regular, I think I'm going to try the ghost pepper one next.
I did the one chip challenge which was the fifth dumbest thing I have done
Campbell's soup has come our with a new soup, ghost pepper chicken noodle that's got a kick that's just the right amount of heat. The kind of heat that makes your stomach feel like it's on fire.
I do but my Arse dont!

SlickTrick125

Founding Member
Founding Member
These will catch up with you. I was eating them like candy a while back but had to give them up because it started feeling like they were burning a hole in my stomach after I’d eat one. They are legitimately hot but still taste delicious. Getting old sucks.

Attachments

IMG_1362.png

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can't get those pickles around here most likely the other stores like Costco,whole foods and cub foods has them. But there was only one place in all the stores I have shopped at and I have been to many around north dakota. The gedney hot and spicy baby pickles was my favorite pickle. I would buy 6 jars at a time, when I had a craving at night i would grab a jar of those bad boys and eat some until my craving was satisfied. There was only one store that carried them and that was Hugo's now unfortunately they no longer have them either same as those ghost pepper pickles that look tasty. I even drank the pickle juice which is good for you atleast that's what I tell myself.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love spicy food. Make my own fermented hot sauce with everything from Aji peppers (mild heat) to Reapers. I've raised my coworkers' spice tolerance significantly since I started bringing some in to have on hand for lunches. Also make my own pickles, some of which reach the "fire" status.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love spicy food. Make my own fermented hot sauce with everything from Aji peppers (mild heat) to Reapers. I've raised my coworkers' spice tolerance significantly since I started bringing some in to have on hand for lunches. Also make my own pickles, some of which reach the "fire" status.
I envy your gardening experience for I surely miss my pepper garden something awful. Such a peaceful place to do some self reflection, to see the rewards that a garden brings to one's life.

YCbtx

Hard to pinpoint an exact one...depends on what it is going on. Sometimes just straight grated dehydrated ghost peppers in the chili if just want heat. Lot of the other hot sauces get a little vinegary for me but bounce between all the norms (Louisiana, Franks, Cholula, all the Tabasco flavors). Did try the Truff hot sauce (got it at costco) a while back and if you are into a sweet hot sauce...that is very good (has black truffle in it). Has been really good on wings and chicken. Its definitely an addiction...my wife constantly asks me "why I'm adding ..... to what she cooks, doesnt it all just make it taste the same." Have to be careful how I answer.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The mother in laws dads wife is from Thailand. She knows how to bring the heat.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used to really like real hot stuff but have toned it back lately. I still like spicy but it's got to have some flavor to it. Like the hot cherry pepper at Jimmy John's, I love those things but I'm a ticking time bomb sometimes after I finish my sandwich, yet things like jalapeno, Serrano, etc normally don't bother me

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Had Ghost Pepper cheese on a burger once, and only once. Never again. I prefer flavor over all out heat. Completely distracted the flavor of any other part of the burger.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had Ghost Pepper cheese on a burger once, and only once. Never again. I prefer flavor over all out heat. Completely distracted the flavor of any other part of the burger.
I agree habenero heat is my limit as of right now, I have had ghost pepper cheese, have some in the freezer to put in some spicy chili. The ghost pepper Campbell's chicken soup is plenty hot, it's tolerant with lots of crackers. I have noticed that heat is much stronger if the food is hot compared to eating it cold/warm.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84