The End?

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
That seems weird to me people who reel with thier right hand, so I'm trying to imagine someone using thier right hand to reel up thier fish, when you cast is that also with the right hand, when you open your bail that is with the left hand or right. Then after you cast out throwing cranks example, do you close the bail with your left/right hand or do you switch hands when holding your the rod handle and close the bail with your right hand then start reeling in your lure with your right. That's crazy confusing to me, so for me the rod handle never leaves my right hand, reel with my left, open/close bail with my left, and use my left hand to net the fish. That to me is a lot of hand switching for using a open faced reel , even using a right handed bait casting reel would be crazy to have to switch from right to left after casting. JMTC JayKay

Pretty much every bass fisherman does this. Pitch and switch.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
True, we're way off topic on this one, but hey! Whatever.

I write with my left hand, do everything else right-handed. I cast with my right, switch to my left while the line is going out (lure in the air), close bail with my right, retrieve (crank) with my right. Rod is now in my left hand. Net fish with my right hand.

Most baitcasters have the handle on the right. I believe most closed-face reels have the handle on the right. I THINK fly reels have the handle on the right. Just seems correct to me. I CAN do it either way, but usually hold rod in my left, reel with my right.

I was kidding of course, about being correct, and everybody else is wrong. It's a light-hearted conversation, to me.

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
Spinning reels on the left, casting reels on the right. Also, I'll be fishing close to the boat ramp this summer with $8 gas. #$%^&>

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Spinning reels on the left, casting reels on the right. Also, I'll be fishing close to the boat ramp this summer with $8 gas. #$%^&>

I be casting with my spinning reels on the left. :;:huh

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
mrs johnr and I attended a new to us church last Sunday, our current church has become a sect of the democrat party, and I don't think she even realizes how liberal her sermons have become, very pointed and makes me leave church somewhat angry.
This new church really fit nice with me, and the mrs, we are going to give it another shot this Sunday and decide if its our new spot.

The preacher read the gospel and spent the next 25 minutes putting it into our current times and circumstance, nothing to do with politics, or any of that, just everyday life as we all have it. Was refreshing, and felt like I remembered it years ago.

It is easy to think you can spend your life on your own journey, however for me a weekly gathering learning about life and how to live it is neat.

I also don't really fear death, but hope it is 30 years off the calendar yet, and in my sleep..

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 88