Tilapia better then carp?

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member

I found this video interesting that tilapia is also considered a garbage fish but has a mild flavor like walleye which is used as a substitute. Thoughts?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i love how he spent 3 seconds on the subject in the video title and 49 seconds on completely unrelated shit. lol. anyway, i don't mind tilapia. it reminds me of a nicely cleaned catfish. a slightly "earthy" flavor i suppose from spending its life mucking it up. frankly, any time you are consuming a bottom feeder like that or probably any fish for that matter, there should be some attention paid to where its sourced. "wild caught" is preferred. but, even then a person would like to know what sort of "wild" environment it was caught in. most farmed tilapia in the US is going to be relatively fine. some probably more so than certain wild caught as the farms are relatively well regulated. but, if ya ever pick up a bag of tilapia from china, put it back please.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bottom feeder, like carp,as esp stated,store bought,no telling what shithole these fish came from.pass.

Then again most of our beloved walleyes are contaminated, every lake from Minnesota to the glacier lake region of south dakota i fish has major consumption advisory 's,Canadian shield lakes as well,,so far i dont glow at night ( i think)

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88