Tires- recommendations

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking for tires on my F150. I drive hwy and gravel. Want a 10ply, and an all terrain.

Not worried about the price, but need good grip, and some good wear.

Any new recommendations that anyone can give me?

NG3067

★★ Legendary Member
I have duratracs on my AT4 and think they suck as far as noise, and jump around on lines in the pavement. They are probably the cats ass for off roading, but if you drive a lot of highway, either have to turn up the radio or get some muffs.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Have had Cooper Discoverer AT3 tires on my F150 for 6 years now...no complaints.

Happycamper

Honored Member
My tire guy told me if I plan on replacements in the next year, buy them now. Biden's fucking policies will create shortages, magnified.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the 10 ply grabbers on my dakota, they are a new design as well as a different rubber compound then the originals. All I can say is they suck for longevity of course I put alot of miles on gravel during the summer months but I'm only getting 30000 out of these tires. I am leaning towards the falken wildpeaks now but I have noticed that they have went up in price considerably compared to last year while the grabbers are much closer in price then when I bought them.

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had Falken wildpeaks on my 3/4 and 1/2 ton, 10 ply on the 3/4. 40k miles on both gravel and pavement pulling a trailer at times and liked them. Good traction, no noise and they don't chunk out all from the gravel.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
My tire guy told me if I plan on replacements in the next year, buy them now. Biden's fucking policies will create shortages, magnified.

Tires can already be hard to come by depending on what your looking for. I was looking for a specific rating Toyo at3 and it took me two months to find. Finally found them and ordered them immediately and have them sitting in my garage until I need them. Don't just think your going to go to the store and find any tire you want like in the past.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
No Toyo tires to be had at my tire guys shop, he put Cooper AT3 on was about $1,100. Looks like a decent tire, had this on a Durango years if I remember right, they lasted decent.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I picked up a set of Sumitomo Encounter 10-ply a couple years ago for my f250. With a little over 22k on them, I am liking their performance, what I see for wear, and how they handle.

- - - Updated - - -

If I remember correctly, the Sumitomo were several hundred dollars cheaper for a set than the previous Hankook Dynapro. Which I also liked.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88