Toilet Paper shortage

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Went to a bigger town. Wife went to Walmart to get some things including paper towels. Not a one on the shelf and also no butt wipe or tissue for the nose.

Came home to small town (1500) and wife says see if there is any paper towels up town.
Not only was there a bunch of paper towels but a bunch of butt wipe and all were on sale. db

- - - Updated - - -

For me i have a model 12 remington in 22 special, bought 150 bullets of 22wrf however about 1/3 did not fire, so went to get different brand of 22wrf, he said 22wmr is same, no i said, is that right or am i wrong.

But i assume i probably have a firing pin problem and not bullets, yes/no.

Ever since I got my butt chew on for not knowing how to spell cummings and felt like a idot I been using a dictionary for help. That just plain sucks so I quit using it.

Last edited:

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Told the wife and kids to start using the chicken coop as an outhouse. Plenty of straw and its warm

Opie11

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I'm guessing that people are hoarding the TP in case of a 14 day lock down/quarantine. So it basically comes down to the city folk having to adjust their buying habits for essential supplies/food like us poor country folk that only make it to town once every 2-3 weeks have to do all the time. It is rare for our place not to have at least 2 9 packs of Sam's Club TP in the house.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpg

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went to a bigger town. Wife went to Walmart to get some things including paper towels. Not a one on the shelf and also no butt wipe or tissue for the nose.

Came home to small town (1500) and wife says see if there is any paper towels up town.
Not only was there a bunch of paper towels but a bunch of butt wipe and all were on sale. db

- - - Updated - - -

For me i have a model 12 remington in 22 special, bought 150 bullets of 22wrf however about 1/3 did not fire, so went to get different brand of 22wrf, he said 22wmr is same, no i said, is that right or am i wrong.

But i assume i probably have a firing pin problem and not bullets, yes/no.

Ever since I got my butt chew on for not knowing how to spell cummings and felt like a idot I been using a dictionary for help. That just plain sucks so I quit using it.

My dad had an old model 12 .22 that I'd sneak out of the house when I was way to young for a kid to be alone with a gun, The firing pin was wore out so it clicked 3 times for every time it went bang . When I did fire I had to dig the casing out with a pocket knife because the extractors and the chamber were wore out . The casings had a bulge once I got them out and I remember some had a crack in them. Wish I still had that one just to satisfy my curiosity why it did that. Used too much when it was knew I suppose.

Went to Walmart last night for the first time in a couple of weeks , That's normal around here . I hated to even go because the way I shop all the time resembles a hoarder. The shelves were pretty bare , I thought once the initial hoard was over the supply would catch up but I was wrong.

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feel dirty the second I touch the door handle going into a Walmart.
I feel like taking a shower as soon as I leave.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
davey:

Put a LR 22 and it did not fire, kicks the shells out good but that is not done by the same pin as the firing pin. Not much of a mark on the casting from the firing pin so:

Order a new firing pin for $25, will see how it works then. Gun was re-blue but a poor job in my opinion. Would like to purchase a new crescent butt plate but the two i found were in worst shape than mine.
db

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
SE Mandan area has a sewer backup problem. Wonder if that is the first we've heard of some using buttwipe other than toilet paper?

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If this shit hits the fan your going to need more than butt wipe to get out.

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
And the panic continues. Stopped in to the Mandan Walmart yesterday on the way home from working out to pick up a loaf of bread. I'm sure you all would have got a good laugh out of the look on my face when I got to the bread aisle. Not one loaf in the entire store! I can't remember ever going into that store without having to dig through shelves of 3-5 day old bread looking for something baked in the last 48 hours. Oh well, no skin off my nuts, there were lots of fresh hamburger and hot dog buns and they work fine for sandwiches too so on I went. Strolled through the rest of the store just for shits and giggles and got a few more chuckles. Not one carton of eggs in the cooler. Glad I picked up a dozen yesterday on sale at Super Value for $.99. Had to pay a dollar more for a gallon of Land O Lakes whole milk because the Walmart brand was all gone. Peeked down the toilet paper and cleaning supplies aisles and they were like the Grand Canyon. Swear I could heard my voice echo back in the emptiness. On the way to the checkout counter a hefty old honey passed me grunting behind a cart loaded 6 tiers high with Powerade, pop and bottled water. Please don't get mad at me when I say I flashed back to Lord of The Rings when the trolls were pushing the towers up to the walls of Helms Deep when I saw her. I know I'm not politically correct, sorry. Anyway, the next few months are going to be interesting and...maybe a bit scary. Hope your day was good and may the force be with you and you never run out of toilet paper. ��

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
And the panic continues. On the way to the checkout counter a hefty old honey passed me grunting behind a cart loaded 6 tiers high with Powerade, pop and bottled water. Please don't get mad at me when I say I flashed back to Lord of The Rings when the trolls were pushing the towers up to the walls of Helms Deep when I saw her. I know I'm not politically correct, sorry. Anyway, the next few months are going to be interesting and...maybe a bit scary. Hope your day was good and may the force be with you and you never run out of toilet paper. ��

I would've said to her, "You're the reason why we have these issues!" as I shook a finger at her.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was on ebay and decided to search TP. Some a.z.z holes are selling 5 squares for 1.50 with 1.50 shipping! I left a email to ebay complaining that they are enabling this hoarding.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was on ebay and decided to search TP. Some a.z.z holes are selling 5 squares for 1.50 with 1.50 shipping! I left a email to ebay complaining that they are enabling this hoarding.

That's capitalism. If somebody is dumb enough to pay for it, well by all means let them. It's more like financial Darwinism.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's capitalism. If somebody is dumb enough to pay for it, well by all means let them. It's more like financial Darwinism.

Maybe, until that's all that's left, and people are forced to buy a roll for $20. Won't be so flippant then.

I know.. we'll never get there. Or will we?

Gas is down, at least that's a good sign.

- - - Updated - - -

Stopped at South Walmart this morning, at 6:05. (they open at 6AM). Lots of cars in the lot. Strolled in and bought a big package of TP. There was a store employee in the aisle, telling people they could get one big pack, or two smaller packs.

She said "we get toilet paper in every. Single. Day."

And yet, I bet by 6:20 it was all gone.

My point is, if you want it, go early.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 129
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 65
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57