towing laws in Fargo/ND

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haven't done it yet - sprayed the bolts down with anti-seize - will let them stew for a bit. I plan to remove front 4 screws and leave back two loose but enough thread to hold from sliding. I'm going to lift only the front - leave the back attached like a dump truck. Place jackstands up front while I'm working on it.

I'm going to reach in the topper windoor on the tank side with a single fork and access the front driver lift "hook" built into the floor of the bed. If there's too much "twist" action I'll run another chain over to the passenger hook.

I thought about removing the topper separately so I only have to lift the bed - but I'd like to avoid that.

I'd maybe drop the tank instead (reaching in from the driver's side with the forklift to lower it) IF it was empty-ish... but it's pretty much full so no thanks.

lifting the bed will also allow me to inspect/remedy lots of other old crusty stuff at the same time

- - - Updated - - -

biodiesel is the way of the future. You silly gas buying fools.

20120330treehuggermainjpgitokNy6qzpeJ-1.jpg

muddy11

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm contemplating making a brace out of 2x8s that will reach from side to side under the box lip, removing the tailgate, slide the brace in and use the forklift to lift the brace straight up.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Success. Tied into the front driver's side tiedown (built into the floor) with a forklift/chain - accessing from the windoor. Braced it up with jack stands, installed new pump, let it back down. It didn't twist at all which I found surprising.

$215 for new fuel pump module.

Waiting for 4 new bed tie down bolts to arrive at Dodge.... for $7/piece. ;:;banghead I spray painted the bed/frame intersections at the four corners in order to get the bed exactly back into position.
2015-08-02 09.45.42.jpg

Luckily I didn't screw anything up even though johnr tried to jinx me. That kept creeping into my pysche as the project went along!

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Success. Tied into the front driver's side tiedown (built into the floor) with a forklift/chain - accessing from the windoor. Braced it up with jack stands, installed new pump, let it back down. It didn't twist at all which I found surprising.

$215 for new fuel pump module.

Waiting for 4 new bed tie down bolts to arrive at Dodge.... for $7/piece. ;:;banghead I spray painted the bed/frame intersections at the four corners in order to get the bed exactly back into position.
image.jpg

Luckily I didn't screw anything up even though johnr tried to jinx me. That kept creeping into my pysche as the project went along!

Did juanr assist you then?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
You see people rarely give me the credit I deserve, however I do often get credit I don't deserve. I am even steven.

I once saved a kid from cutting his fingers off in a garage door channel, and then that same day found a $20 on the ground in my sisters room. Things like karma are for real.

aron

Founding Member
Founding Member
i am pretty sure there are no suppliers left in the region. Premium only. Many on that list are from 2013,2014.

can amyone verify non-ethanol regular recently in Fargo?

I think the All Stop - Exxon in West Fargo had 87 ethanol free. I should be checking in couple days when I need to fill up.

muddy11

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now I wish I had foldouts on the side of the topper instead of sliders. But the wife, I mean dog, appreciates the breeze when she's riding back there :)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 180
  • This month: 150
  • This month: 139
  • This month: 129
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84