Triggers

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let’s talk triggers.........

here are mine:

Remington 700 stock trigger = walker style tuned at heavier pull weights (1.5-2.5 lb plus pull)

Jewell Trigger = anything below 1.5 lb easily and above because it’s not an issue. I have had triggers that would not tune below 1 lb without serious over-travel/creep. Those triggers become “fall/winter pull weight triggers”

AR-15’s. I have one giessele, and the rest are soon to be Rock River Arms 2 stage national match or varmint. The Giessele has a short reset but bad creep, the Rock River Varmint is my favorite and at $100 per trigger, a steal IMO.

Discuss for fun...........

Last edited:

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have no problem getting a walker down to 1.0 to 1.5 with zero creep and over travel. I have taken down 100's of the walker style. You do the bump test on both safety on and safety off. Slam the bolt forward and try to get it to go off.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Timney drop-ins in all my ARs.

Everything else is stock and adjusted down to 2-2.5ish.

I do have one Rifle Basix in my old Ruger 300 win mag...it works but it's not the best. I've had it in there for a very long time so I guess it's not terrible.

Last edited:

rapala_09

Honored Member
I have a trigger tech on my custom and it's a really crisp trigger pull. It's become the standard for my trigger expectations. Unfortunately, it's the only one I have, and the rest of my arsenal is stock. That being said, my weatherby's stock trigger is....Fine....
In my experience, a good trigger is like good optics. Once you experience the difference between good/Ok and Great, it's tough to go back. I'm quickly spoiled haha

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
...The Giessele has a short reset but bad creep...

Which Geissele do you have? I have two of the High Speed National Match triggers in a couple ARs, and (other than the first stage takeup) they have no creep, and are my favorite AR triggers to date.
I prefer a two-stage trigger, especially in an AR.
I also have an AR Gold trigger. It breaks clean, but is heavier than I like, at least when shooting targets.

I have a Timney Calvin Elite on a Rem 700, and that thing is scary light and breaks clean.

The factory trigger in my Desert Tech SRS A1 is amazing. They definitely cracked the code on a good bullpup trigger.

The only real work I've done is on a Savage Accutrigger. I polished the sear and some other pieces, and it's great, except for if you have the weight turned way down and run the bolt too hard, it will set off the little safety bar thing, and you have to cock it again to shoot. Since it's pretty much a prairie dog only gun, I just live with it.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last week I adjusted my stock Remongton 700 in 308 up to 2.5 lb. I didn't trust it on the 11 oz I had it set on. Originally I had set it on 11 oz, removed the scope, and bounced it butt first on the floor. Then I smacked it with a 2lb plastic dead blow hammer, and the trigger held, but I just felt uneasy.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
trigger.JPG

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Which Geissele do you have? I have two of the High Speed National Match triggers in a couple ARs, and (other than the first stage takeup) they have no creep, and are my favorite AR triggers to date.
I prefer a two-stage trigger, especially in an AR.
I also have an AR Gold trigger. It breaks clean, but is heavier than I like, at least when shooting targets.

I have a Timney Calvin Elite on a Rem 700, and that thing is scary light and breaks clean.

The factory trigger in my Desert Tech SRS A1 is amazing. They definitely cracked the code on a good bullpup trigger.

The only real work I've done is on a Savage Accutrigger. I polished the sear and some other pieces, and it's great, except for if you have the weight turned way down and run the bolt too hard, it will set off the little safety bar thing, and you have to cock it again to shoot. Since it's pretty much a prairie dog only gun, I just live with it.

I can’t remember the exact model. I’ll have to look.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no problem getting a walker down to 1.0 to 1.5 with zero creep and over travel. I have taken down 100's of the walker style. You do the bump test on both safety on and safety off. Slam the bolt forward and try to get it to go off.

I agree with you, but the majority of my 700’s were post Walker triggers. I hit the easy button and bought Jewells for those guns. I have some triggers between 4-8 oz. those ones are going to be jewell’s because that’s what they were designed for. I have a need for heavier triggers, and that’s where I place the Walker triggers.

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a trigger tech diamond in my 22lr it is down to 6 ozs it is my favorite trigger all of my other 700s are factory. I do have a trigger tech trigger in one of my Ruger RPRs I have not any real time behind it to make a judgment.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bought Dad a BX2 for his 10/22. I don't know if it's the best but compared to a stock...holy shit! Should've seen his face after the first shot: Had to adjust the scope about an 1 1/2.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 144
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82