Turkey Day -- non traditional?

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If every thing goes right this afternoon, venison tenderloin.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Foods of the Gods, Lutefisk,Swedish Meatballs, Pumpkin Pie

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
For Christ's sake, people. It's Thanksgiving! If you don't got turkey, you're doing it wrong.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
LOL, I guess ham is a traditional T-Day ritual for every Thanksgiving Day dinner I've attended.

And here I always thought it was just my natural good looks, superior wit, and humor that set me apart from all you dolts. Guess we have more differences than I originally thought. :;:duel

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
My daughter shot our Thanksgiving main course right in the bean and it didn't oink. Sooooooo......Turkey it is at Fort KDM this year!!!

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
Turkey and Ham for us every year. I am smoking a turkey this year again. I have a herb brine that worked wonders the last couple years.

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
we had prime rib and turkey today at work mmmm good, tomorrow wife is working at the restaurant so will be attending the Thanksgiving day buffet there tomorrow then trying to find the big buck son and I saw couple days ago. if she wasn't working it would be turkey in the cooking bag, never had a dry one but the pound to 2 pounds of butter with it sure don't hurt and makes for some great gravy.

Glass

★★★ Legendary Member
A few Christmas's ago we tried to do bring your own soup over the traditionally meal. Everyone lost their shit. Some didnt even come. It was actually nice, but othesr just really like to complain. Heaven forbid things change... anyway always fun to try something new, especially in this age of interesting blends of family and food!

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
With a flu bug running its course in our house looks like we will be shut ins this year so not sure what to make yet. Time to go raid the freezer. Or just go out and punch the tag for fresh venison steaks I suppose

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
And let's not overindulge today : )

food.JPG

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fish, if I could catch any but not looking good. So bacon and eggs I suppose

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Quick update. Used traeger recipe and my pitboss pellet grill. HUGE hit! Will be doing it that way again. Great meal along with all the side dishes wife made from the squash, to mashed tatoes to the homemade pumpkin and apple pies and everything in between. My god im sleepy...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 108
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 35