Turkey Deadline Now

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish ND would legalize .22 rimfire. It's a marksmanship challenge as the vitals present roughly the same size target as the head; guaranteed less meat damage, less blast/recoil and kids love shooting .22s.

Also making handguns illegal was retarded. It was fun slipping around Lake Alice with the Glock 23. 25yds was my max shot and only had one chance at 50ish. A couple years before I killed a T-Rex at 15 with the M12 so I had ample false confidence:

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
In for the first time in my life....Adult-onset hunter here with deer and turkey.
What unit? 37 down by me? Hit me up if you need any help, as long as my daughter pulls her tag we will be out west in the badlands opening weekend then I'm free. Hopefully I get mine out there too but if we only get one tag I want it to be her.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
What unit? 37 down by me? Hit me up if you need any help, as long as my daughter pulls her tag we will be out west in the badlands opening weekend then I'm free. Hopefully I get mine out there too but if we only get one tag I want it to be her.
Yep 37. I'll look you up for some pointers if I get lucky!

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish ND would legalize .22 rimfire. It's a marksmanship challenge as the vitals present roughly the same size target as the head; guaranteed less meat damage, less blast/recoil and kids love shooting .22s.

Also making handguns illegal was retarded. It was fun slipping around Lake Alice with the Glock 23. 25yds was my max shot and only had one chance at 50ish. A couple years before I killed a T-Rex at 15 with the M12 so I had ample false confidence:

Always go bow, finally got one this fall. 20yds perfect broadside right in the basket, Magnus Black Hornet

1000003646.jpg
1000003648.jpg

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's kick ass. I don't think I could hit a house with an arrow.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got my app in for 37. My 5yr old boy wanted me to get him a tag but I still feel he is a little too young. Hopefully I get a tag so he can tag along and experience everything before he has a tag himself.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Daughter and I got ours. Plans are set for opening weekend. Time to start practicing mouth calls and slate call again.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got my app in for 37. My 5yr old boy wanted me to get him a tag but I still feel he is a little too young. Hopefully I get a tag so he can tag along and experience everything before he has a tag himself.
I was the same way: "Five"; IMHO is the BB gun age at a close 12in target. Also, for multiple/nonspecific reasons I think "five" is still too innocent to kill. Being present for the kill is important. I guess I didn't make a "Wyatt Earp". He did get his Black Belt in grade school so that's something.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88