What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
two years
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="LBrandt" data-source="post: 339613" data-attributes="member: 2979"><p>I have been keeping a record of what I do each day for the last 20 years. I have a folding calendar and every day I make notes of what I plan on doing and then before bed what I really got done. Keep a running record of bank balance and when bills are due and when paid. What was planted in garden and when it should be ready for harvest. When and where we went fishing and what we caught and used to catch them. It does not take a lot of writing to get most of the info down for the day, kind of like shorthand with whole words just enough to jog the noggen. Trips and travel get done as well, doctor appt and shopping and any fun facts that come up. Then every year that calendar goes into file safe for future reference. I guess you could call it a diary if you wanted. My mother used the old 8x12 calendars that you used to get from grain elevators or other small town business to keep her records and every once in awhile I will get one out and read and it is amazing how that will bring back what was really going on back then. During the dirty 30's was the most interesting. She hardly mentioned the war years for some reason, maybe she didnt want to remember. Some day someone can read my notes or throw them in the trash. Who knows. LB</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="LBrandt, post: 339613, member: 2979"] I have been keeping a record of what I do each day for the last 20 years. I have a folding calendar and every day I make notes of what I plan on doing and then before bed what I really got done. Keep a running record of bank balance and when bills are due and when paid. What was planted in garden and when it should be ready for harvest. When and where we went fishing and what we caught and used to catch them. It does not take a lot of writing to get most of the info down for the day, kind of like shorthand with whole words just enough to jog the noggen. Trips and travel get done as well, doctor appt and shopping and any fun facts that come up. Then every year that calendar goes into file safe for future reference. I guess you could call it a diary if you wanted. My mother used the old 8x12 calendars that you used to get from grain elevators or other small town business to keep her records and every once in awhile I will get one out and read and it is amazing how that will bring back what was really going on back then. During the dirty 30's was the most interesting. She hardly mentioned the war years for some reason, maybe she didnt want to remember. Some day someone can read my notes or throw them in the trash. Who knows. LB [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
ISO Vizsla pup
Latest: Yoby
10 minutes ago
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: shorthairsrus
12 minutes ago
T
Sharptails/Huns with labradors
Latest: Traxion
Today at 1:40 PM
migration 26
Latest: 1lessdog
Today at 12:37 PM
I HATE coyotes!!!!
Latest: SDMF
Today at 11:47 AM
Fall fishing?
Latest: sdwxman
Today at 8:43 AM
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: Eatsleeptrap
Today at 6:30 AM
A
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: Auggie
Today at 6:02 AM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Slappy
Yesterday at 11:01 PM
Ham/Women
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: lunkerslayer
Yesterday at 8:39 PM
Pronghorn
Latest: Maddog
Yesterday at 6:52 PM
O
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: OL Deadeye
Yesterday at 8:46 AM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 2:31 AM
Lotsa bots
Latest: Davy Crockett
Sunday at 8:43 PM
T
NDSU to the FBS???
Latest: Twitch
Sunday at 7:24 PM
Sale
Ford Tailgate bench
Latest: wslayer
Sunday at 5:33 PM
Sale
STEINER Predator 12 x 50
Latest: 1lessdog
Saturday at 4:27 PM
A
Steak Knives?
Latest: Auggie
Saturday at 4:12 PM
Makoti Lake, ND
Latest: eyexer
Saturday at 9:39 AM
How far can Paddlefish travel
Latest: eyexer
Saturday at 9:11 AM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
two years
Top
Bottom