Walleye wings

Fish Wing ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just gots me 5 more this morning at Parshall bay. :;:rockitYep if a guy wanted to just stand at the cleaning station and cut these out of the fish that people don't take them out of, I bet you could fill a couple gallon bags pretty quick.

Colonel Angus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tried them out yesterday, thought they were great. Even talked the kids into it, fins and all. I will be cutting these out from now on or face the wrath of the kids.

SerchforPerch

★★★ Legendary Member
Absolutely cut them out - Delish!

Learned this from an old trapper up in Ontario back in the early 90's - couldn't figure what they were doing with them until they had us over for a fish fry and we loved them.. The lakes we fished back then have since been converted into provincial parks so no motorized boats anymore and haven't been back since.

rapala_09

Honored Member
I've never seen or heard of this, I will be trying it though..... Learn something new all the time I guess..... haha:;:thumbsup

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
do you get the skin off of them before frying?

no , I didn't, and it worked fine, they are fabulous, all I did was cut them out, put in cold water in fridge until I wanted them, then I dried them a tad, shook in bag of reg shore lunch and deep fried to golden brown, absolutely fabulous.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tried my first batch tonight. Beer batter. I just ate through the skin. Good stuff.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What's the limit of these if everybody's throwing them in the disposal, how many can a person have?

berty

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tried my first batch tonight. Beer batter. I just ate through the skin. Good stuff.

Did you take the scales off? the video I watched thats what they did but i didn't know if that was necessary after frying?

slippery

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are great, but I pull the skin off with a needle nose pliers..

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 19
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 6
  • This month: 5