Watermelon

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has been outstanding, whoever came up with seedless watermelon is a genius

Any of you guyz cut a plug out of a nice melon and plug it with a open bottle of vodka then put the melon,/vodka in the freezer?,great on a hot summer day.

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll cube it, put in a glass cake pan and cover with watermelon vodka. Sneaks up on a guy

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
A healthy watermelon harvest encourages a diverse community.

Nondiverces can wear their armbands and hoods elsewhere. Caucasians should not be involved with watermelon as they do not possess any genetic knowledge of slavery:

All slaves:) were "employed" under slavery:

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any of you watermelon lovers use salt? Or do you perfer w/o?

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Salt yes. Vodka yes. Watermelon yes. White yes. Last time I raised in my garden some large short tailed field mice ate holes in them and ate them from the inside out. SOB"s died though. LB

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Salt yes. Never been able to grow decent ones. Got one in the garden a little bigger than softball but not expecting much.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
A healthy watermelon harvest encourages a diverse community.

Nondiverces can wear their armbands and hoods elsewhere. Caucasians should not be involved with watermelon as they do not possess any genetic knowledge of slavery:

All slaves:) were "employed" under slavery:

Lol svn...good point

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Salt yes. Never been able to grow decent ones. Got one in the garden a little bigger than softball but not expecting much.
I had a good crop of them in 2020 , they were nice and sweet and half a dozen in the 20 pound range and the rest were a little smaller but still ripened. I just looked back at a pic from Aug 11th 2020 and the melons were almost fully grown already. This year , same as you, lots of smaller ones but they are growing pretty fast right now.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
How do they grow seedless? Curious.

MULEDEER

Established Member
Not sure if it is true but I have had alot of old timers tell me melons grow the best in sand. Water every other day. Personally I suck at growing melons of any kind

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I can grow them alright. My problem is telling when they are ripe; LB

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can grow them alright. My problem is telling when they are ripe; LB

Up here they never do ripen most years but I keep planting and hoping for the perfect growing season. We have such a short growing season to start with and then this hot summer has been a lot of stress on gardens. They are slow growing up to this point of the season and now they are hitting second gear. A few of the biggest ones were baseball size a couple days ago are quite a bit bigger than a big softball or grapefruit today and the plants are still setting fruit that I'm cutting off. I cut off all the vine that runs beyond the first melon and also cut some of the vines that just have tiny melons. After seeing the results of drip lines I won't plant another seed without one. Whoever mentioned preen in the garden thread, Thank You . I'd never tried it before but that stuff work good.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure if it is true but I have had alot of old timers tell me melons grow the best in sand. Water every other day. Personally I suck at growing melons of any kind
Granddad in Florida grew his in mostly sand.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 19
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 6
  • This month: 5