What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
What are your thoughts on this?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="DirtyMike" data-source="post: 153376" data-attributes="member: 229"><p>Obviously you're stuck in your own thoughts, shorthairs. I don't rely on my electronics, but I sure as hell use them to my advantage. Anyone ever go ice fishing and realize they forgot their vex? did you still fish and do you think you caught the same amount of fish had you remembered your flasher? On top of that, who the hell had a tracked ATV 10 years ago? Getting to spots on the ice that you marked during the summer with a $2000 graph capable of spotting structure 200 ft from either side of the boat. These things can't make the fish bite, but I guarenteed it cuts the learning curve by a ridiculous amount. </p><p></p><p>Don't get me wrong, I love casting cranks from shore or pitching jigs onto a sandbar, neither of which require a graph. But when I troll the shore of my favorite crank casting site and find the drop off on my graph, guess where I'm setting up when I'm on foot the next time. The moment I think I've learned everything about fishing is the day I give it up. Always be a student of the game.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="DirtyMike, post: 153376, member: 229"] Obviously you're stuck in your own thoughts, shorthairs. I don't rely on my electronics, but I sure as hell use them to my advantage. Anyone ever go ice fishing and realize they forgot their vex? did you still fish and do you think you caught the same amount of fish had you remembered your flasher? On top of that, who the hell had a tracked ATV 10 years ago? Getting to spots on the ice that you marked during the summer with a $2000 graph capable of spotting structure 200 ft from either side of the boat. These things can't make the fish bite, but I guarenteed it cuts the learning curve by a ridiculous amount. Don't get me wrong, I love casting cranks from shore or pitching jigs onto a sandbar, neither of which require a graph. But when I troll the shore of my favorite crank casting site and find the drop off on my graph, guess where I'm setting up when I'm on foot the next time. The moment I think I've learned everything about fishing is the day I give it up. Always be a student of the game. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: eyexer
10 minutes ago
Food porn
Latest: risingsun
54 minutes ago
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: risingsun
55 minutes ago
Twins
Latest: risingsun
55 minutes ago
Steak Knives?
Latest: risingsun
56 minutes ago
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: risingsun
57 minutes ago
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: risingsun
57 minutes ago
new reel for all around use?
Latest: risingsun
58 minutes ago
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: SDMF
Today at 8:11 PM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: ridge_ferry
Today at 7:43 PM
Librela injection
Latest: ridge_ferry
Today at 7:40 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: Jiffy
Today at 7:06 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Today at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Today at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Today at 5:58 PM
RAY AREA
Latest: guywhofishes
Today at 4:52 PM
Pine Wilt
Latest: BrokenBackJack
Today at 4:32 PM
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: RyanN
Today at 2:02 PM
ND adventure.
Latest: guywhofishes
Today at 12:44 PM
RR
Red River 9-2-26
Latest: greymantle93
Today at 11:25 AM
from Wyoming old guy
Latest: cobalt_badger
Today at 8:09 AM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
What are your thoughts on this?
Top
Bottom