What does your " hot box" or " money box" consist of???

Loebs lake cabin

Founding Member
Founding Member
What does your " hot box" or " money box" consist of???

I have a " money box" of cranks that consistantly catch fish on most days...or several boxes..Mine consist of #5 JSR shad raps in most colors depending on the day.. Yo zuri 3d crystal minnows are my newest favorite...deadly this year...Reef runners in many different colors...cheap sunglasses, eridescent, barbie, purple demon, grape ape and perch, being good a lot of the time..bombers are deadly for me as well.. added the berkley flicker minnows this year and they've really shined..slick alewife and slick green alewife have been really hot. Love my glass shads in many different colors including the glass shad, glass blue, helsinki shad being my top picks..My wife figures I have too many but I think I can never have enough..lol...Josh

- - - Updated - - -

http://yo-zuri.com/lure/crystal-3d-minnow-deep-diver/

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.reefrunner.com/onlinestore/lures.php?series=800

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.reefrunner.com/onlinestore/lures.php?series=800

- - - Updated - - -

http://survivaloasis.com/products/ffmn7d-slaw-flckr-mnw-dp-7cm-slick-alwf?variant=4170787393

- - - Updated - - -

http://survivaloasis.com/products/ffmn7d-slgp-flckr-mnw-dp-7cm-slickgrnprl?variant=4170787521

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.google.com/search?q=joi...b2CKWiUtM:&usg=__kA1Ar1HKxXzU4zI6azcT4T9-8SA=

Last edited:

sd fisherman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just #5 and #7 Shad Raps and # 7 Rattle Traps in a large assortment of colors.. I do have some flickers and other brands but none just seem to produce as well on the lakes I fish.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
This pretty much sums up my "Money Box".

Jig Box006.jpg

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a " money box" of cranks that consistantly catch fish on most days...or several boxes..Mine consist of #5 JSR shad raps in most colors depending on the day.. Yo zuri 3d crystal minnows are my newest favorite...deadly this year...Reef runners in many different colors...cheap sunglasses, eridescent, barbie, purple demon, grape ape and perch, being good a lot of the time..bombers are deadly for me as well.. added the berkley flicker minnows this year and they've really shined..slick alewife and slick green alewife have been really hot. Love my glass shads in many different colors including the glass shad, glass blue, helsinki shad being my top picks..My wife figures I have too many but I think I can never have enough..lol...Josh

- - - Updated - - -
I have pretty much all the ones you mentioned.
Been running crystal minnows a few years. Best crank as far as quality and hooks are best I have seen. Sure hurts when I loose one though$$$((((
have yet to buy a reef runner tuned right out of the box but after some tinkering love the 200 series rip shads
Ran some old hot n tots the other day. Like the random action and they usually run true out of the box
another favorite is storm jr thunder sticks. Allot of luck with them over the years.

Loebs lake cabin

Founding Member
Founding Member
I forgot to mention thundersticks..yep run them a lot especially the jr.s ...I've been lucky this year, all the RR I've bought new have run true so far....it used to be nearly everyone you'd buy it would need tuning...

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -
I have pretty much all the ones you mentioned.
Been running crystal minnows a few years. Best crank as far as quality and hooks are best I have seen. Sure hurts when I loose one though$$$((((
have yet to buy a reef runner tuned right out of the box but after some tinkering love the 200 series rip shads
Ran some old hot n tots the other day. Like the random action and they usually run true out of the box
another favorite is storm jr thunder sticks. Allot of luck with them over the years.
Have you run the jointed crystal minnows yet?? they look pretty sweet...yep love yo zuri and especially the 3d crystal minnows...but yeah, they're so expensive..crazy!!

- - - Updated - - -

20140313_080905_resized.jpg
Looks like a box of skittles..lol

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haven't tried the jointed version yet. Thanks, now I will have to go online and spend more money.:eek:

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
This reminds me, my C.A. meeting is tonight (crank baits annonomous). I have to admit, it got bad for awhile. I was buying crank baits all hours of the day. Color, size, style, it didn't matter. If I was around them, I was buying them. My friends were all enablers too. They said it was ok (I think they just said that because they fished with me and used them). It all came to a head when my wife started finding new cranks everywhere. I had them stashed in places I forgot about. They joked about it at first saying, "thriller1 is just like a squirrel hiding food". I knew they were right but still couldn't stop. When I did get somewhat of a handle on it, Salmo came out with the 4.5 rattling Hornets then then it started all over again. This is a life long addiction that I will most likely struggle with the rest of my days. So when someone asks, "can I see your crank bait selection?" I just respond with, "you don't have enough time".

Loebs lake cabin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haven't tried the jointed version yet. Thanks, now I will have to go online and spend more money.:eek:
LOL...let me know your results!

- - - Updated - - -

This reminds me, my C.A. meeting is tonight (crank baits annonomous). I have to admit, it got bad for awhile. I was buying crank baits all hours of the day. Color, size, style, it didn't matter. If I was around them, I was buying them. My friends were all enablers too. They said it was ok (I think they just said that because they fished with me and used them). It all came to a head when my wife started finding new cranks everywhere. I had them stashed in places I forgot about. They joked about it at first saying, "thriller1 is just like a squirrel hiding food". I knew they were right but still couldn't stop. When I did get somewhat of a handle on it, Salmo came out with the 4.5 rattling Hornets then then it started all over again. This is a life long addiction that I will most likely struggle with the rest of my days. So when someone asks, "can I see your crank bait selection?" I just respond with, "you don't have enough time".
I hear ya...I got a huge filing cabinet just full of replacements still in the box...I don't ever wanna run out of a color or style..lol I actually have a bag from scheels full of new ones from a few days ago haven't even added them to my inventory yet....it's fun though!

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was proud of myself yesterday. Was passing through and went to Cabela's in Grand Forks.
walked out with nothing.
:;:huh

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member

20140313_080905_resized.jpg

Which tackle store did you rob..mother of....Do you really need that many....lol...thats a jig addiction right there son....

I make my own mostly, so it's just a minor jig addiction............ If I showed you the other 5 boxes of the painted ones and the bags of unpainted ones, you might think I have a major jig addiction, so I'm not going to do that.

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
At the meetings we mostly sit around drinking beer talking about all the ice fishing lures we need to buy!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75