What I hate most about shore fishing is......

Timmy Hoffarth

Founding Member
Founding Member
When you have no problem helping someone out then they get drunk and loud and start cussing in front of your very young child who repeats everything. I have no problem with people interesting in fly fishing but when you swear at or even push my two year old of course I'm hitting you and giving you some nice new frog popper earrings...

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guy next to you with a brandy-new super duper 10,000 giga-watt xenon kryptonite headlamp. And he keeps looking over to see how you're doing. I am not trying to complain, but it was making me wince. The upside was that it really sucked the batteries, and I think he ended up walking back in the dark. Then again, if I didn't like it, I could have moved, so...

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
When you have no problem helping someone out then they get drunk and loud and start cussing in front of your very young child who repeats everything. I have no problem with people interesting in fly fishing but when you swear at or even push my two year old of course I'm hitting you and giving you some nice new frog popper earrings...

OK, I'll bite.

What????

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
to be politically correct the "asain folk" Who have no respect for anybody else and just start fishing with in pissing distance of you and get pissed when you release a slough shark but keep a walleye

on devils lake that is

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
not just DL, happened to me on the mighty Missouri south of Bismarck more times than I care to count this spring, found a nice hole in boat and shore fished after that and was invaded within 20 yards to may times and it sucked
When u are catching fish and some guy in a boat sees this and has to go anchor right where u were casting. Mostly devils lake.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
LOL the hmongs are not that bad to fish by as long as you have an agreement to how close they can be to you. I shore fish most of the time during the summer and have had many pleasant experiences with these folk. Boat fisherman dropping anchor in my fishing area make me a little more uncomfortable but some boaters tend to comply with game wardens advice.

SeisMec

Founding Member
Founding Member
When u are catching fish and some guy in a boat sees this and has to go anchor right where u were casting. Mostly devils lake.

That's happened to me a couple of times in the Garrison tail race. Dinged one guys Ranger with a 2oz sinker, he started yelling and I told him to call the Warden to see who gets the ticket because he's closer than 100' to me while I'm fishing. He went back to the middle after that.

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
People fishing next to or near you with the worlds most annoying dog who doesn't listen to you or worse...the owners

Eyes R Bitin

Founding Member
Founding Member

Switch to a BIG A** crankbait you don't like to use and bounce it off their boat a few times. Makes a point about their being buttheads.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I asked Ace hardware in devils lake why no minnows being sold now. They said the theft was so bad they wont have minnows until winter. The Hmongs I guess just rob places blind and cameras can't catch em because they pile out of their yotas like a clown car and enter stores with the whole clan.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I asked Ace hardware in devils lake why no minnows being sold now. They said the theft was so bad they wont have minnows until winter. The Hmongs I guess just rob places blind and cameras can't catch em because they pile out of their yotas like a clown car and enter stores with the whole clan.

Reminds me of the van full of Hutterites that shoplifted at our garage sale this spring. A dozen of them come in and go every direction and cause distractions and buy a couple things but after they leave you realize there is a bunch of stuff missing. Happened to our neighbors as well.

Velva_zv21

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Reminds me of the van full of Hutterites that shoplifted at our garage sale this spring. A dozen of them come in and go every direction and cause distractions and buy a couple things but after they leave you realize there is a bunch of stuff missing. Happened to our neighbors as well.

Don't even get me started on hutterites lol.... had a bad run in with them in Havre Montana after they door dented the side of my pickup

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
My peeve is jet skis and wake boats that decide they're going to drive back and forth in front of me.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love shore fishing the red. Especially when I get spooled by a giant water monster. My favorite is the snags. Some days I swear I should have just dumped my tackle box into the river and headed to the bar.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not enough signs in fishing areas. Hard to know where to throw garbage, dead fish, F- bombs ,jigs at boats and so on. And the dinky little proclamation is a joke , It doesn't explain much. Pretty sure quite a few wouldn't mind paying a couple hundred bucks more for boat registration if they would just prohibit shore fishing all together . Nothing but trouble with shore fishermen anyway.

Disclaimer: Pure sarcasm.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

Haha , Its like going ice fishing without an auger, Spend a lot of time looking for a good place to fish .

- - - Updated - - -

Serious ? I thought they were good honest hard working people ?

Velva_zv21

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Haha , Its like going ice fishing without an auger, Spend a lot of time looking for a good place to fish .

- - - Updated - - -

Serious ? I thought they were good honest hard working people ?

That's what they want you to think....i worked in Montana this year for 7 months and ther is hutterites all over that part of the country and heard many stories about them from co workers

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88