Best time of year to buy a new pickup?

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
??? Why not an auto pay out of your regular checking account???

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've seen articles saying the new 2020 F250 is due out around Aug or Sept. That should make Sept-Nov a good time to buy the 2019 version.

Broncos fan

For what it’s worth. I just bought a 1 ton denali from Schwan and got a lifetime wrap warranty. That’s why I bought it through them. I had a 05 3/4 ton diesel I bought brand new. Had 366k miles and just crapped the bed. Over the years maintenance on it gets spendy. Looking back everything I payed for on maintenance would’ve been covered through this warranty, except tires and brakes. But injectors, any sensor, ball joints, etc. is covered. It worth checking into if your gonna buy a diesel

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've seen articles saying the new 2020 F250 is due out around Aug or Sept. That should make Sept-Nov a good time to buy the 2019 version.

Will be very interesting to see if they actually release the 7.3L gasser that's been discussed a little then of course what the HP/TQ and MPG gonna look like?

A cam-in-block, standard EFI, (not DI), naturally aspirated, large displacement gas motor that doesn't need to turn 5K + to make power nor hunt for gears while towing would be mighty appealing.

Every winter the diddling about one needs to do with fuel, filters, DEF, and sensors on a diesel, it seems to get less and less appealing.

Velva_zv21

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Who woulda thought that a truck and boat fully rigged would cost $200,000.....10-15 years ago if you told me that I would have thought you were outta your mind

mikef

★★★ Legendary Member
What do you want to buy? Model? Options?
1/2 ton, prefferably loaded, either chevy or ford. I usually buy used but it seems like on pickups you can almost buy new as cheap as 1-2yo used after rebates etc?

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
1/2 ton, prefferably loaded, either chevy or ford. I usually buy used but it seems like on pickups you can almost buy new as cheap as 1-2yo used after rebates etc?

This was my findings too, I looked for a long time for a good used pickup 3-5 years old with lower miles the ones that I did find weren't much cheaper than new.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Usually the fall is best when clearing out the current models to make room for the new model. Also, watch the incentives for each month. They sometimes run extra incentives on a given month. I ended up with a Denali for the same price as a SLT because they had 20% off the sticker for one month on the Denali. Even the salesman said he’d never seen that before.

TWN

Founding Member
Founding Member
It will depend how fussy you are. I wanted a 6.7 Ford diesel, did not care about anything else. Bought it in September as the new model year trucks were rolling in and saved a lot. This plan will not work if you need a specific color/pkg/interior......

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
the last 2 new pickups i bought i was orignally looking for a year old one with some miles on and ended up buying new as they were cheaper than a used one. How can that be???

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
local doesn't mean shit in the car business. the service shop could give a shit less where it came from. They just want to make money.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
??? Why not an auto pay out of your regular checking account???

They wont do it. Only out of the Gate city account. I was pretty close to moving everything over there until that happened. American bank center is the same way I have to take them a check every month.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Usually the fall is best when clearing out the current models to make room for the new model. Also, watch the incentives for each month. They sometimes run extra incentives on a given month. I ended up with a Denali for the same price as a SLT because they had 20% off the sticker for one month on the Denali. Even the salesman said he’d never seen that before.

GMC/Chevy --- aka obama motors aka mexican motor co aka everybody drives a chevy in mx - now they all drive new chevys too!!!

anyway -- the guy that gm hired with and kept the year end different then actual calendar year end had some brains. Ford and toyota dont get it -- not sure about dodge.

Best time to buy a truck ---- When you need one!!!!

Flannel

Seems like that September/October time is a good time to buy for me - but asked a buddy who sells cars here in town and he said it really doesn't matter when you buy. He did say the second half of the month is a better time to buy than the first half, which I found interesting. Something to think of. I bought my Ram from Eide dodge/jeep/chrysler here in town and will never go back. Was not treated well - even going back in for service they were rude. Not impressed with them

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The only reason those trucks are so cheap in Id and Tx is because they go through trucks like water. 2 years ago I drove rite past Idaho Dave Smith and ther was trucks as far as the eye could see and about 14 parking lots scattered across a 5 mile stretch with every truck color and option you could think of.... problem with not buying local is when you have warranty issues the local dealers like to treat you a little different when you didn't buy from them- - so for that reason I buy local....I just picked up my 2019 duramax in October of 2018 that had a deal goin on 10g off and with my employee discount was 63g out the door. I buy LOCAL so I get treated like a local. 84345799_175344210362110_3089766727911735296_n.jpg

Easy to buy "local" when you get an employee discount....

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 173
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 56