2023 nd deer rifle draw

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rumor has it the draw is coming up this week . Good luck to all . Hope everyone draws their desired tag . Hopefully there was some fawns born

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone else do the thing where you're going to fill out your app an a little bit, then remember at 8:00 the morning after they were due? Umm...me neither:rolleyes:
I dont know about 8am --- but a couple years ago i filled it out 6am before the GF people starting working -- and the software took the app. I wouldnt recommend it.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont know about 8am --- but a couple years ago i filled it out 6am before the GF people starting working -- and the software took the app. I wouldnt recommend it.
Several years ago when it was paper apps I knew guys that every year sent them in a day or 2 late and always got tags . But then everyone got a tag in probably the mid 2000’s

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I heard the only way to get a tag in some units this year was to email Charlie Bahnson and Jeb Williams telling them how important it is that the department gets federal grant money regardless of the facts or the strings attached.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Be 10 years will see how Mule deer buck draw goes put hope maybe I dont get one, herd is down big time. The system is flawed my buddy has drawn 3 times since my one.

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got 13 points riding on a muzzle loader tag this year. Crazy to say it but I don't have my hopes up after the reduction in tags.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got 13 points riding on a muzzle loader tag this year. Crazy to say it but I don't have my hopes up after the reduction in tags.
Muzzleloader tags didn’t drop much . Went from 584 buck tags in 2022 to 506 this year same with doe tags. Odds will be about the same , bad .

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Be 10 years will see how Mule deer buck draw goes put hope maybe I dont get one, herd is down big time. The system is flawed my buddy has drawn 3 times since my one.
It’s a random draw ….. it’s a bonus point system not pref points

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard the only way to get a tag in some units this year was to email Charlie Bahnson and Jeb Williams telling them how important it is that the department gets federal grant money regardless of the facts or the strings attached.
Or that cwd is real and we are glad the baiting bill failed

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
question... why so long for lope applications to be taken? the darn season opens early september. if memory serves, last year the apps were due close to the end of july. not like a guy needs to plan a bit...

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
question... why so long for lope applications to be taken? the darn season opens early september. if memory serves, last year the apps were due close to the end of july. not like a guy needs to plan a bit...
So they can do counts after fawns are born Montana does the same thing - their draw is about the same week as NDs. Montana deadline is June 1 but they adjust the number of tags given after the counts . ND needs to count then see which units will have enough animals to be worth having a season for said unit

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I forgot to apply, makes me know what tag I am getting anyway

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113