60-65 below zero windchill

Velva_zv21

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Nope... not texting and driving the angle of the pic you might be able to tell im a passenger. I have a Chauffeur that drives me around while I work

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Back in the 70's this was just another day for snowmobiling, we learned alot about staying warm, no tight clothes, and we used tape on our face masks, put it on the forehead and cheeks and over the nose of the mask, and a good helmet, still remember all the tricks we had to stay warm, but now I just stay inside and remember the good times, be safe everybody

Velva_zv21

★★★★★ Legendary Member
42113.jpg

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fort KDM showed -47 this morning so I gave my coffee an extra few seconds to thaw in the microwave. This is INSANE COLD!!!!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not as cold as some others but once it gets to -10 does it really matter after that.

FB0359B0-D58A-4B02-A585-72BF272F5C43.jpg

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Were you seriously taking pics of your dashboard while doing 102mph? What the hell is wrong with you?

You misunderstand that dashboard reading. He wasn’t driving 102, it’s just telling him how many miles he’s covered in the past hour.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Do you know its 70 degrees warmer in your fridge than it is outside.

- - - Updated - - -

Fort KDM showed -47 this morning so I gave my coffee an extra few seconds to thaw in the microwave. This is INSANE COLD!!!!
Hows that corn stove furnace working in this weather?

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Tried a new twist on trowing hot water in the air outside, put some cool-aid in it and get a frozen rainbow,

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hows that corn stove furnace working in this weather?

Bumped it up one step and it's been keeping the furnace from running continuously like it did last year at this time. The furnace has been kicking in about every 15 minutes and then shuts off after a couple minutes. The house is at 63 right now. We are still on our original propane fill from late October. Last year by this time we were well into our second fill and almost to getting a third fill. Each fill averages around 350-400 shekels depending on price. I'm liking it to say the least.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
KDM my question is do you get away with your house at 63 degrees. 40 below this morning and my propane furnace quit working Regulator froze up and the wood stove was only keeping my house at 60 and my wife thought she was dying.

bronco

I went to school in northern Minnesota back in the 70's if it was -40 they called school. I think for the stalled bus issue

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I drilled a hundred holes this am with my 40v lithium. It layed in the truck bed all night. I put a case of beer in my 110 yeti on Sunday and that sob beer hasn't froze yet. My Chevy sat out last night and I didn't plug it in. I hit da starter and she fired right up. It blew heat out the vents right away I turned on da radio and day der Trump wants to build a wall. I sad how am I going get my new Chevy over d wall. Gday

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I drilled a hundred holes this am with my 40v lithium. It layed in the truck bed all night. I put a case of beer in my 110 yeti on Sunday and that sob beer hasn't froze yet. My Chevy sat out last night and I didn't plug it in. I hit da starter and she fired right up. It blew heat out the vents right away I turned on da radio and day der Trump wants to build a wall. I sad how am I going get my new Chevy over d wall. Gday

and you wonder why drinking is called into question?? Where you a member of the blue man group .

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member

Hammered. I like it

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
My 97 Ford wouldnt unlock this morning. Fob hasnt worked in years, and the key wouldnt turn the lock, I barely got it when then sun warmed it up a little.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
KDM my question is do you get away with your house at 63 degrees. 40 below this morning and my propane furnace quit working Regulator froze up and the wood stove was only keeping my house at 60 and my wife thought she was dying.

I started with holding the house at between 63 and 65 right from the beginning this fall and told everyone to put on clothes instead of walking around in shorts and t shirts. The corn burner kept up just fine until this ridiculously cold spell we are in now. If the women were wearing sweats and were still cold, then we would bump up the furnace for a bit, but NOT continuously. I figure by the end of winter, our household will have saved well over a grand compared to using just propane. I'm amazed at this little things ability to generate heat and it just sits there. This summer I'm going to open up more direct heating so hopefully next winter we will use almost no propane for heating.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 155
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 53