Audiobooks

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Give me some examples of some good audio books to listen to please, I'm running out of podcasts to listen to.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Band of Brothers, The Frontiersmen, Wild New World, The Real Anthony Fauci

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use Hoopla. The whole thing is free through your local library. Need a library card to rent. If a book is checked out, you can reserve and it'll message you when available.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reading is boring. 😬

I'd love to hear London, Hemingway, selected Twain (Sawyer/Finn) read by a fine orator: Same with The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings; between twelve and fifteen; I read it several times. I loved Catcher In the Rye, Animal Farm and Lord Of the Flies.

I wish G&A would compile all of Colonel Jeff Cooper's musings from Cooper's Corner either in audio or hard copy.

Concerning Twain: Hear me out: Mark Levine's "Media" book and American Marxism proved unreadable. Levine's prose was pithy; unfortunately he filled the book with actual "news"paper articles. The writing was shit. I lampooned this blather in the thread "Ping Pong Balls".

The Introduction author of The Complete Short Stories of Mark Twain was hopefully shot in the crotch. When I decided to skip this pedantic :p jerkoff; I discovered he was aping ol' Sam. TS and HF are atypical of "Twain's" writing.

That is all:

https://nodakangler.com/forums/threads/ping-pong-balls.14949/😬

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93