BB snobs unite

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since I've been in the 3rd grade when my dad got a pontoon, I've pulled BB's. That's all we did until I learned the Lindy rig in college. In the 90's my friends turned me on to pulling plugs (they weren't cranks then). With the super braided lines coming out and a boat that was perfect, I quickly learned how to catch fish on plugs. Since I fish alone quite often, I find it a lot easier to fish two lines pulling cranks. Always put fish in the boat and keep enough to eat fresh walleye most of the soft water year. I sometimes use BB's alone, but on the rod I have in the holder I try to put one of those floating little plug like things. They work and don't snag as much. For me anyway, I catch way more fish when my BB is on the bottom. I have a lot more snags with them than cranks, a lot more. I'm not sure I'd put a bunch of rods out and put them in holders with BB's. I'd have to know the area very well and know its not snaggy. Planner boards and BB's would be a big hassle if the rod with the board kept snagging. Plus when pulling BB's it really helps to have the rod in hand to set the hook, unlike cranks where the hook themselves. I've missed a lot of bites on rods in rod holders using BB's.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
V,

With your boards use heavier BB on your inside rods and lighter BB on the boards to make it easier to turn with out running your gear together and making a mess.

One of my go to comfort rigs on slow days is a floating jig about 36" behind a BB with a minnow.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love BB's, and yes...I have pulled them on planers. Only a few times though, mostly because I wasn't sure if I should have been out in 17 ft of water, or fishing the mudline in 4 ft of water.

I'd use a sparkplug if I thought I could catch a walleye on it!

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
We in North Dakota Should pull BB, we were one of the first places to do it in Sak.back in the 80's Sh*t Works.#$%^&>

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
tumblr_mgowl3bXbs1qivd1ao3_250.gif

Bottom bouncer??

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
We in North Dakota Should pull BB, we were one of the first places to do it in Sak.back in the 80's Sh*t Works.#$%^&>

We pulled the shit out of them in the 70s on OAHE.

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Step on the brake there Guy, you can't pull BB's on a skateboard.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've spent the better part of a week tying snells of all forms and functions. My plan is to find walleyes around Nevis, MN where my folks just bout their first lake place. I envision golden-hued walleyes thrashing about in my livewell, but I fear nothing but tangles and frustration. At least I'll be on the water again!!

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use a simple snap weight similar distance from the spinner with a big barrel swivel to keep the line from twisting. I try to run my small boards when pulling spinners.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 34
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 17
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12