Best fishing/boating shoes.

dragoneyes

Honored Member
Looking for a pair of lightweight,comfortable and cool as in temperature friendly . Not into saddles, liked the Simms but arch support to high. Any thoughts or reviews on a good pair of.#$%^&>SHOES.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
419YeckrSDL._SX395_.jpg

Sperry Top-Sider Men's Harbormaster

own two pairs - one as backup for when they quit selling them (if they haven't already)

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
boxers allow for more expanding and contracting of the bean bag on hot afternoons

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I also like Crocs. Light, comfortable, pretty good support, get wet, they dry. Usually less than $30 and easy to wash off if you get them dirty. Not fancy, but I like them.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've started buying Merrels. There not nessisarly the lightest shoe but the are very comfortable. For the boat I have a pair of Cobian sandles. They are padded for comfort, but have holes to drain out water so they dry really quick.

dragoneyes

Honored Member
Thanks for all your input after going out to all the local shoe,sports stores in town to what i wanted to no avail. My last place i did find a shoe that was kinda in what i was looking for was a pair of Sperry's 7 seas white camo even on sale for 67.00 from 90.00 at Herbergers. Been wearing around the house very comfortable with ok support,lightweight, and breathable messing will have to see how durable they are. There is not alot of choices out there some at at scheels but limited in sizes. Never order online never will. thanks for all your input .

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Make sure to get the sandals with the holes in the top so you can sunburn the crap out of the top of your feet

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Crocs if you prefer a loose fitting shoe. I prefer Vibram FiveFingers. They are toe shoes and tight fitting. They provide enough protection against all surfaces, have a good feel, and most importantly i'm not afraid to get them wet.

I also run in them during the winter on a treadmill. It's all a personal preference, but i love them.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am intrigued by the five fingers form factor. Anyone else try them and have an opinion?

Last edited:

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
They are very comfy, IMO, once you get used to separated toes. Easy to wash and clean. Several different styles to choose from. I usually pick what i like from their site and them watch 6pm.com to find a steal..... usually get them anywhere from 40-65% off.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I might try a pair but in a very light color. Hot sun on dark colors has got to be miserable on those toes.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
North Face tennis shoes are my new favorite(Hedgehog). Gore-tex for waterproof in the rain and breathe well in the sun. If it gets really hot, I go native(bare socks or feet). It's my system so judge if it works for you.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Same here in hot weather , Bare feet and numerous spray downs and water fights with the wash down hose.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 98
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 33