Bis to lose boat ramp

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
So if this project didn’t involve losing a boat ramp, would we still be opposed?

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So if this project didn’t involve losing a boat ramp, would we still be opposed?
Absolutely! Complete waste of tax payor money. I wish the people that actually started/want this have to foot the whole bill. Guaranteed it would never even start...but when they can use other people's money for it..slide it in where people don't even realize it's taking place until it's to late....
It's like the 190 million athletic center Zimmerman tried sliding in..thankfully people were paying attention to that..and it had to go to a vote..

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s unfortunate but you’re right, it takes something hitting home to get off the couch. It’s kinda like cancer; nobody is pro-cancer. But it usually takes a connection to someone with it to donate or get involved.

The riverfront idea itself is not all bad, it’s the execution. If a decent ramp in town was guaranteed, and If private enterprises bought land at fair value and assumed the risks of operating these ventures, great.

I’m looking forward to hearing back from the commissioner.

6521A910-E662-4935-889F-5A9EEC04A358.jpeg

This was the ramp today. 10:30 am on a weekday in March. Lots of criminals.

Last edited:

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
all them fkrs do is spend money. I think your seeing more and more people saying enough is enough. If it gets built bismark then takes over the bluest city of Nodak

JUSTWINGNIT

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s unfortunate but you’re right, it takes something hitting home to get off the couch. It’s kinda like cancer; nobody is pro-cancer. But it usually takes a connection to someone with it to donate or get involved.

The riverfront idea itself is not all bad, it’s the execution. If a decent ramp in town was guaranteed, and If private enterprises bought land at fair value and assumed the risks of operating these ventures, great.

Looks like a bunch of native women getting the stones thrown at em to me. Oooof dangerous place.

roosterfish

★★★ Legendary Member

Great Idea with HORRIBLE input!!!! Put it down south when the correctional facility leaves!! AGAIN this unanimous vote between council was TERRIBLE and not introduced to the TAXPAYERS!!!!

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve been processing this whole debacle for a couple days now. Was running errands today and drove river road and I had a lot of questions and the realization of just how stupid this whole proposal is. How are they going to fit everything to scale in the proposed drawing? There is no possible way without digging into the side of the hill and possibly destabilizing the entire area they can fit all of that in that area without completely changing or disrupting everything including river road. And where the fuck is everyone going to park that will come to frolic in the sand? In order to build this piece of shit they’ll need to take most of the parking lot that’s available. The last thing that crossed my mind at I came down burnt boat drive…. I noticed they had started dirt work for the new “green space with walking trails and some smaller dams or dikes. Anyone unfamiliar with this area, it is right up the road from the merriweathers boat landing. I don’t know the exact details but it was a pretty sizable chunk of a drainage that wasnt ideal for building. I believe the land was donated to the city to make a park. It’s roughly 30-40 acres maybe from what I could tell with natural hillsides. Why in the actual fuck would these idiots not want to to build this type of shit here on already donated and undeveloped land? Why do they need to take something from others and destroy it to create what they want? I get more pissed off the more I think about this situation. A lot of people involved with this are narcissistic to the core.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Timeout…… anyone more informed on this subject know who or what entity donated the land for the green space east of Ducks unlimited?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
You may not wanna go down the Plover road. Way back when CORP still had ramps they shut one down and closed it all off because they seen a Plover in the parking lot.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You may not wanna go down the Plover road. Way back when CORP still had ramps they shut one down and closed it all off because they seen a Plover in the parking lot.
Shut it down or completely get rid of it.....which would you choose?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84