Bis to lose boat ramp

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
NDGF and other state agencies that should have been involved in this (including some that have legal authority in these matters) were intentionally left out of the discussion by the project organizers.

They referenced previous "input sessions" where they invited only friends of the Ft Abraham Lincoln Foundation and used that "data" to push their idea.

If the city is planning a road project, they put up signs on that road. It's not an accident there have been no signs on River Rd or at the ramp.
Wasn’t ND ranked like 3rd in “corruptability” in some study done awhile back? Didn’t the state set up some sort of “council” to dig into this type of corruption a few legislative sessions ago? Lol since then the corruption in ND is only getting worse. There’s a 1% club at every level of government from the township level up through the state level and they all serve their own interests. The wrong people are in government. It is attractive to those who are corrupt able. The best leaders and anyone who would serve well is staying the hell away from it anymore because of just how disgusting it’s become. Power makes people into some really shitty individuals sometimes.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
You would think all the boat dealerships would be outspoken and against this as well. I know some of them have interest in their own marinas, but losing public access in general isn't a good trend if your in the business of selling watercraft.

Last edited:

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
OK all, fast forward to maybe the year 2030. After being robbed of our tax dollars to build this Thing and we have a repeat of 2011. Every last 2X4 and brick are floating/drug down river, who pays to rebuild it. This is very real. If they want to build something like this why not out of the flood plain with more area for more roads to get to and from after a concert or what-ever
2030 ? how much of this would have been underwater with this years ice jam ??

roosterfish

★★★ Legendary Member
Parks has Nothing to do with this they just manage and maintain this property with taxpayer money!!!

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go to this website and post your views on keeping the Meriweather's boat ramp, they can build their dream but they can work around it!

https://www.bismarckriverfront.com/thoughts

This is from their website

Objective 1: Diversify river access options.

• Provide non-motorized boat ramp facilities / amenities within the study area.
  • Improve ADA access to beaches, fishing locations, and boat ramps within the study area.
  • Develop a protected swimming area on the main water channel.
  • Develop a protected swimming area off the main water channel.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
In their "final takeways" from the study the first bullet point is "There are 19 ramps within a 20 mile radius of Bismarck" as if that's a good reason to take away 1 of 2 ramps within Bismarck. With that reasoning I'm sure there are a lot more than 19 parks within 20 miles of Bismarck, do we really need another!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
In their "final takeways" from the study the first bullet point is "There are 19 ramps within a 20 mile radius of Bismarck" as if that's a good reason to take away 1 of 2 ramps within Bismarck. With that reasoning I'm sure there are a lot more than 19 parks within 20 miles of Bismarck, do we really need another!
Are those all into the river? or in some of the little lakes/dams in the area?

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
1000001224.jpg

kklipfel@bisparks.org
mwald@bisparks.org
dmayer@bisparks.org
Is that the Kathy Feist that owns Bianco reality in Bismarck? Who also built that big house that looks out of place by the intersection of river road and Fraine Barricks road ?

222.png

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wasn’t ND ranked like 3rd in “corruptability” in some study done awhile back? Didn’t the state set up some sort of “council” to dig into this type of corruption a few legislative sessions ago? Lol since then the corruption in ND is only getting worse. There’s a 1% club at every level of government from the township level up through the state level and they all serve their own interests. The wrong people are in government. It is attractive to those who are corrupt able. The best leaders and anyone who would serve well is staying the hell away from it anymore because of just how disgusting it’s become. Power makes people into some really shitty individuals sometimes.
Yes, I posted a while back about ND being one of the most corrupt states.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I laugh at "Get rid of the people in office that are pushing this through".

I have a question for you knuckledraggers (Guys words), how long do you think it will be before the people you replace, the current ones with, become the same as the assholes you want to replace??

My thought on why put it where they want this is, most of the dirt work is already done (less dirt work to do at another place) Dirt work is expensive.

The mentality of people running a city is "build it they will come". More people living/coming to shop in a city is more people to pay taxes = more dollars to spend.

ALL cities have the same attitude, just spend and build things, they don't look down the road on cost of upkeep and maintenance. When they hit that hurdle, they just RAISE YOUR TAXES some more to cover the cost.

Last edited:

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I laugh at "Get rid of the people in office that are pushing this through".

I have a question for you knuckledraggers (Guys words), how long do you think it will be before the people you replace, the current ones with, become the same as the assholes you want to replace??

My thought on why put it where they want this is, most of the dirt work is already done (less dirt work to do at another place) Dirt work is expensive.

The mentality of people running a city is "build it they will come". More people living/coming to shop in a city is more people to pay taxes = more dollars to spend.

ALL cities have the same attitude, just spend and build things, they don't look down the road on cost of upkeep and maintenance. When they hit that hurdle, they just RAISE YOUR TAXES some more to cover the cost.
Lol you sound like you may be involved or support it..one of the two.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lol you sound like you may be involved or support it..one of the two.
Nope on both.

I live in Minot where they pull\do the same shit Bismarck does.

Parking garages, city hall redo, retaining wall at the police department, low income housing project, big M building ( with EPIC company), spend $100s of millions on a new high school then run over budget and close 2 elementary schools with $ 21 million in cash in the bank, ect. ect. ect.

Same shit show here just different city.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Nope on both.

Parking garages, city hall redo, retaining wall at the police department, low income housing project, big M building ( with EPIC company), spend $100s of millions on a new high school then run over budget and close 2 elementary schools with $ 21 million in cash in the bank, ect. ect. ect.

So continue with the same just because that's just how it is or try and make a change by electing different people? At some point you would think someone decent would be voted in?

Wally World

★★ Legendary Member
Nope on both.

This is what happens when a country slips into a Democracy instead of a Republic! The have nots vote for everything as long as the have's pay for it. This whole country is in deep shit and the working people are sinking and starting to drown in it!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 28