Bis to lose boat ramp

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
What brilliant group of people would think of building a "festival grounds" with on one side an interstate highway, the other side a train bridge, and the third being the busiest, noisiest part of the river.

Wally World

★★ Legendary Member
I understand the last input meeting is this morning at 11:00 am at the Huckelberry Building right by the ramp. I and some friends are going to attend and voice our concerns. Hopefully the people that want to save this ramp will attend and Question this bullshit!

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just talked to City Commissioner Greg Zinker and he said this is not a done deal yet. The group was hoping to use the land ( $ 2,000,000.00 )as part of their matching funds but can not so the city still owns the land. Greg said he does not do anything on the river so he doesn't know the boat ramp issues. With enough push back from the residence of Bismarck this could still be pushed to another area.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have visited with city commissioners as well. Wondering how many regret their vote without having input from general public. All have suggested it was simply to allow the project to be eligible for grants, etc. (free taxpayor money). I am not opposed to riverfront development as long as it does not negatively effect access or infrastructure currently in place AND the tax payers are not on the hook for ongoing O & M.

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
I understand the last input meeting is this morning at 11:00 am at the Huckelberry Building right by the ramp. I and some friends are going to attend and voice our concerns. Hopefully the people that want to save this ramp will attend and Question this bullshit!
Be careful, its a dangerous place down there

Wally World

★★ Legendary Member
We attended the pro-riverfront meeting and listened to their proposals and turned in comment cards urging them to relocate this project to a safer area due to very fast river currents adjacent to swimming beach's and the risks of flooding again like in 2011 when the building we were in got flooded and had to be torn down. It was then managed by the Fort Lincoln foundation, the same foundation that supposedly will manage this one! Also to leave and improve the current boat landing which has served the community for many years!
People that want to save the current boat landing can go to their website and send in comments!
https://www.bismarckriverfront.com/thoughts

Last edited:

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
We attended the pro-riverfront meeting and listened to their proposals and turned in comment cards urging them to relocate this project to a safer area due to very fast river currents adjacent to swimming beach's and the risks of flooding again like in 2011 when the building we were in got flooded and had to be torn down. It was then managed by the Fort Lincoln foundation, the same foundation that supposedly will manage this one! Also to leave and improve the current boat landing which has served the community for many years!
People that want to save the current boat landing can go to their website and send in comments!
https://www.bismarckriverfront.com/thoughts
Done!

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Put down by the volley ball & horseshoe courts. they could dredge out that waterway and make a great swimming area out of the current. Lots of area to develop parking. the only drawback is they would have to look at the oversized mushroom that is there

Possible.jpg

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
They have taken alot of tree's down on Mandan side so that must be go for new ramp?

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Watched kfyr news..they managed to interview a few ladies who were absolutely for a central gathering area(we don't currently have that?) Not one guy was interviewed or any one that opposed it. Amazing how the news made it look like the majority of people were for this.

Wally World

★★ Legendary Member
Watched kfyr news..they managed to interview a few ladies who were absolutely for a central gathering area(we don't currently have that?) Not one guy was interviewed or any one that opposed it. Amazing how the news made it look like the majority of people were for this.
More fake biased news! They pick and choose stories and people to fit their agenda. They are as crooked as the main stream media, I guess they are all the same!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84