Boat Ramp Etiquette

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm in no way asking for rep points, but thank you to those that did get me back. Just baffles me that someone could find anything wrong with that. Smh.

Last edited:

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
DM, I strongly suspect there is a shithead prankster in our midst that leaves negative reputation points signed with other peoples names. I think the shithead watches for arguments and then pounces on the opportunity to watch the world burn.

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
DM, I strongly suspect there is a shithead prankster in our midst that leaves negative reputation points signed with other peoples names. I think the shithead watches for arguments and then pounces on the opportunity to watch the world burn.

Camper

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe. Maye not. It could be anyone of us. Maybe its me trying to hide my tracks. Maybe its you doing the same....

DUN DUN DUN!

muskelllunge13

Founding Member
Founding Member
Naw Allen,your safe for now,we're still icefishing here or in my case heading to sodak to spank some snow geese.can't remember a spring this early. We're in the same boat in Mn,its amazing how many folks come here from nodak to fish every summer,over 20k tags sold on avg,most have summer cabins here in western Mn.

Snow cant wait to get over on opener and spank some MN walleye.... boat ramp etiquette there is pretty nice... walk down to my boathouse push the garage door opener, then push the remote boat launch for my track system, then step in my boat off my dock...then find a point with NO fishermen, then catch some walleye for dinner..#$%^&>

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just bought my first boat. Can't wait to make an ass out of myself while learning and honing my skills on the water and at the ramp.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

I agree after the little mix up on the spring snow goose hunting thread i was thinking the same thing

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think I owe lunkerslayer an apology if this scenario is true. Lunk, if you're out there, I apologize for accusing you. The message was signed -lunk and I had no reason to think otherwise.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
When i first got my pontoon i was as nerves as a whore in church when it came to loading and unloading. I suck at backing up and it took me a few times to get on the trailer. I made sure to never be in the way while strapping and all that jazz. I have gotten better and now if some one is struggling i help as i had some nice people help me to. My palms still get sweaty if i have to load in a hurry with a crowd watching and waiting.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
For those that have trouble in the current, it helps to point the trailer angling downstream a bit if you didn't already know.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree after the little mix up on the spring snow goose hunting thread i was thinking the same thing

I didn't partake in the conversation. Although I would like to unload a case of steel shot on snows, I just have never gone. I had a friend that went to school in bottineau. They skipped class for goose hunting (as he did in high school) and killed 409. I don't think there was a limit at that point or if there is a season without a limit during the spring or fall. I don't know but the picture was hilarious.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
When i first got my pontoon i was as nerves as a whore in church when it came to loading and unloading. I suck at backing up and it took me a few times to get on the trailer. I made sure to never be in the way while strapping and all that jazz. I have gotten better and now if some one is struggling i help as i had some nice people help me to. My palms still get sweaty if i have to load in a hurry with a crowd watching and waiting.

I only tried that a few times before just going up and buying seasonal ramp passes at Misty Waters marina, much better for loading a pontoon. I have done that ever since, 200 bucks a year is cheap for not having to fuss around in the current and possibly damage something.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I only tried that a few times before just going up and buying seasonal ramp passes at Misty Waters marina, much better for loading a pontoon. I have done that ever since, 200 bucks a year is cheap for not having to fuss around in the current and possibly damage something.

We thought about the marina but i like to fish up and down oahe to much. Current is not really a problem here wind can but back in the bays where the ramps are it is pretty good. Plus they want 500 bucks for a spot here

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
We thought about the marina but i like to fish up and down oahe to much. Current is not really a problem here wind can but back in the bays where the ramps are it is pretty good. Plus they want 500 bucks for a spot here

500 bucks for a slip is a steel in comparison to Bis/man. A slip for a toon here is North of a grand per season at all the marinas. Wife and I jump around too much to justify a slip, maybe on Sakakawea one day and the river the next day some weekends. Plus I am too picky about my boat, can't bring myself to letting it sit in the water for all the barnacles and other wee beasties to call home on the bottom side.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is one thing about the ramp etiquette. There's an entirely different thing when the dumbass with the new $40,000 boat has never attempted to load/unload in his life gets to the ramp at 10am on a Saturday and wants to be off the water at 6pm. EIGHTEEN attempts to load or backup/unload is ridiculous. :mad: Go to a ramp BEFORE it gets busy and practice all you want to, genius. Or, it's that same guy that's trying to tell his wife how to load the boat onto the bunks/rollers from the back of his pickup bumper.

I'd just pull out a sammich and watch, or take photos, for the first four attempts and then give 'em a hint to pull away and let others get onto shore/launch. We've even offered to help and get turned down by the know-it-all of the shores.....

One could get a full Funniest Bloopers taping at the Keelboat Landing in Bismarck on any given Saturday/Sunday all summer long.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've only had one bad rep given to me, it was when I joked about pooping next to a permanent ice house, someone was very pissed about that one.
Sense of humor is lacking in some individuals, and maybe they didn't get hugged enough, as mom was too busy whoring...haha

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is one thing about the ramp etiquette. There's an entirely different thing when the dumbass with the new $40,000 boat has never attempted to load/unload in his life gets to the ramp at 10am on a Saturday and wants to be off the water at 6pm. EIGHTEEN attempts to load or backup/unload is ridiculous. :mad: Go to a ramp BEFORE it gets busy and practice all you want to, genius. Or, it's that same guy that's trying to tell his wife how to load the boat onto the bunks/rollers from the back of his pickup bumper.

I'd just pull out a sammich and watch, or take photos, for the first four attempts and then give 'em a hint to pull away and let others get onto shore/launch. We've even offered to help and get turned down by the know-it-all of the shores.....

One could get a full Funniest Bloopers taping at the Keelboat Landing in Bismarck on any given Saturday/Sunday all summer long.

Back in around 93 I was out fishing at the desert with my buddy and his dad. Storm starting heading our way so we headed back to the ramp and apparently the storm was enough to push most guys off. When we got to the ramp there were around 20 boats in line to get out of the water. Some guy and his wife were on the down stream side of the ramp trying to load his brand new boat....think it was a ranger but not a 100% sure. Anyway he and his wife looked nice in their matching Ranger jackets to go with their new boat. When he went to drive it on he missed by a mile down stream of the trailer. He tried three more times and could not seem to figure out he had to aim up stream and have a fair bit of power when you come in. By try six the patience of the fleet had reached 0 and people were yelling at him not to idle on to the trailer but instead hit with a little bit of power and drive it up and on. Apparently he took this far too literally for when he came in on the 6th approach he must have slammed full throttle because the boat immediately took off going all the way up the trailer snapping the winch arm off and putting two or three feet of its bow into the back of his truck through the topper. Needless to say he got a standing ovation for that particular maneuver from the gallery. He sat there staring at it till a couple guys made it abundantly clear that they didn't care if his boat was docked right or not he needed to get his damn truck up the ramp. Not sure how he ever got the boat out of the truck but we couldn't stop laughing the whole time were packing the boat up to leave next to him. It's still the best fail I've ever seen at a boat ramp to this day.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 144
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 51