Boat took a crap

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
yep - order a set of 100 decals

This. I know of people who've done it. You don't go to boat jail, you go to insurance jail. If the hull ain't insurable anyhow, or rather, if you wouldn't be able to file a claim anyhow, then by all means.

I know a guy who had 150 stickers on a 225 on an old hydrostream.

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
This. I know of people who've done it. You don't go to boat jail, you go to insurance jail. If the hull ain't insurable anyhow, or rather, if you wouldn't be able to file a claim anyhow, then by all means.

I know a guy who had 150 stickers on a 225 on an old hydrostream.

Its not illegal to operate on public waters without insurance coverage, but its not smart either.

God forbid you have an accident with another boat and the unthinkable happens to someone in you boat or another, you might not go to boat jail but you could very well go to real jail.

Last edited:

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its not illegal to operate on public waters without insurance coverage, but its not smart either.

God forbid you have an accident with another boat and the unthinkable happens to someone in you boat or another, you might not go to boat jail but you could very well go to real jail.
You prob wont go to jail if its an accident, but you probably will lose everything financially with no insurance coverage.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
The reality is it's not advisable to go over the rated HP rating. If he swapped cowlings and continued to use the old serial # for insurance and licensing purposes, he would probably be fine but there is still a chance of a liability situation and Columbo hits the scene for serial # verification. It's not much different than guys reflashing their ECU for more than rated power. That is about impossible to trace if one keeps their yap shut.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Over powering that much is going to raise hell sooner or later with your transom.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
moritz won't touch it...sounds like a dealer that picks and chooses what they'll fix..thats not good. Good boat mechanics will fix just about anything out there.

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
if your in Bismarck you could try Curt at what used to be Broderick Repair on Basin Ave. he has worked on the older boat I currently have and will give you a true opinion on options and some possible other ideas. I have sent a number of people to him and never had a complaint about him yet. dukgnfsn

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
if you rebuild it --- have them unconnect the VRO pump and start mixing your own gas --- the damn thing will run forever.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 88
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33