Boats seats

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been looking at replacing the seats in my boat with some mesh ones, but haven't found any reviews.

https://alpsoutdoorz.com/cast-n-blast.html

I figure they increase moveability in the boat and dry quicker. Anyone have any experience with mesh seats in boats? Is boat bounce a concern?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kind of the same concept as mesh office chairs. We have a few, and while they are not my preference for my desk, they are pretty comfy. I think I'd like them more in the boat. Perhaps a lot more. Especially if they were as durable as my now 20-year-old vinyl-covered Lund boat seats.

Freedom

★★ Legendary Member
Depending on how big you are you may know exactly where each of those bars are by the end of the day. That's my experience on similar style seat on the Eskimo flip overs. Agree with the rough water concern. Never seen them on a boat, seen plenty similar on kayaks.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If you wear shorts you could end up with waffle legs. LB

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are well built and comfortable with a descent suspension pedestal under them. The one I use is made by the same folks that make the treestands that you sit in all day, Millennium Marine.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
I prefer regular seats. Brother in law has them and to me they get uncomfortable much quicker than regular seats. And they are hard edges all around, not real forgiving when maneuvering around the boat.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84