Cabelas needs better inventory checking

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I had some cabelas points I wanted to use on a clam pro hitch for my voyager fish house, the cabelas website stated that the pro hitch was in stock but had limited supply. So I ordered it on 9th of March. I got an email that it had not been shipped also hadn't heard from cabelas on the statis of the order via emai. So I logged in to look at order history to find out that it was cancelled which I never received an email stating the cancellation. So I thought damn that was rude no update, oh well shit happens.
Then glutton for punishment I noticed cabelas had the pro hitch in stock but had limited supply again this was on this tuesday. Ordered again only to find out it was cancelled again so now i am pissed called up customer service. Told the operator I wanted to file a complaint for piss poor communication with your distributors. He said that cabelas has no control of what is in stock online and what is not. He said the distributors are the ones who notify cabelas if they have inventory to sell. What a crock of shit why would you deceive your customers into buying something you as retailer doesn't know for sure. He filed the grievance for me then we ended the conversation.
It's not like it was a item from overseas but was a product from a company in Minnesota
Clam outdoors
;:;rant:shame:;:;banghead

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ordered some new rods that were posted as in stock about 10 days ago and the order is still listed as not filled.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m betting they’re having some merging of systems with Bass pro issues. They’ve always been so good in the past and I’ve noticed lately their system hasn’t been updating inventory or orders correctly.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So I had some cabelas points I wanted to use on a clam pro hitch for my voyager fish house, the cabelas website stated that the pro hitch was in stock but had limited supply. So I ordered it on 9th of March. I got an email that it had not been shipped also hadn't heard from cabelas on the statis of the order via emai. So I logged in to look at order history to find out that it was cancelled which I never received an email stating the cancellation. So I thought damn that was rude no update, oh well shit happens.
Then glutton for punishment I noticed cabelas had the pro hitch in stock but had limited supply again this was on this tuesday. Ordered again only to find out it was cancelled again so now i am pissed called up customer service. Told the operator I wanted to file a complaint for piss poor communication with your distributors. He said that cabelas has no control of what is in stock online and what is not. He said the distributors are the ones who notify cabelas if they have inventory to sell. What a crock of shit why would you deceive your customers into buying something you as retailer doesn't know for sure. He filed the grievance for me then we ended the conversation.
It's not like it was a item from overseas but was a product from a company in Minnesota
Clam outdoors
;:;rant:shame:;:;banghead

Did you check your junk/spam folder in your email. Sometimes it will get put in there.

As far as them as the distributor why order from the middle man. Just order from the supplier (If they let you) I don't think they are in the wrong (except maybe email) but it stated limited stick and would be willing to bet that it also says ships directly from manufacturers

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did you check your junk/spam folder in your email. Sometimes it will get put in there.

As far as them as the distributor why order from the middle man. Just order from the supplier (If they let you) I don't think they are in the wrong (except maybe email) but it stated limited stick and would be willing to bet that it also says ships directly from manufacturers
yes checked junk mail but of course there in the wrong. This is not walmart or Amazon where it states the fact the it will be shipped from a separate distributor. Right I could buy from clam or some other retailer who has a pro hitch in stock but I wanted to use my points. Also the other reason was the pro hitch was on sale for 67$ if that was a on sale from the distributors why doesn't everyone else have the same deal. Your arguments on behalf of cabelas is lacking sound judgment from a store who isn't a walmart or Amazon where it states the fact that I buying from that distributors.
Also to point out the obvious it wasn't just one time I got duped but twice there is no excuse for that. I spend a lot of money online from cabelas website I hope this is not going to be a routine event.

- - - Updated - - -

Ps sorry if I came out a little strong

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Same thing happened to me at Fleet Farm. I don't bother trying to buy stuff online from them anymore. 2 cancelled orders was enough for me yet weeks later they had the same stuff listed as instock.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Update well I notice cabelas had the same deal 67$ and free shipping over 50$ on the clam pro series hitch this time i called them the operator said they had one in stock at thier warehouse and only knew if it was still there after a purchased my order. That is crazy they don't have the information until after I make the order.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
801265_1.jpg

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Update they gave me a 30$ cabelas gift card better then nothing operator was very helpful this time. She says that cabelas is trying to update in stock availability for all stores. It a bummer becuase I really wanted this hitch

Last edited:

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have also noticed that is seems cabelas' customer service has gone down hill at cabelas since that bass pro take over.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok does anyone use the wishlist features on your favorite websites, I do especially cabelas Amazon and eBay . It's to be able to save items that's not supposedly the case with cabelas wishlist feature it will tell you it available even if it's not, I said for reals that crazy how do I know if an item is available without putting it on a notification. She said that if I took it of the wishlist or looked it up it would not be able to be searched becuase it isn't in stock. So I did just that took it off my wishlist and of course it says it's no available online.
But this is the crazy part the operator (different then the cabelas customer sercive) who was going to take my order over the phone could also see that it was in there warehouse for purchase. Two different live operator system for cabelas online information. So I need to empty my wishlist so I don't think it's in stock.
I just hope this situatuon helps someone else into wondering why an order keeps getting cancelled. Another lessen learned

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 144
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88