Fleet Farm Poor Customer Service

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I just got a notification that a majority of my order from Fleet Farm was canceled for no stated reason. I assumed it was because they didn't have the items instock but that should not be my fault and should have found a way to honor the order. They also only emailed me and were going to send only the 3 lures that were not canceled and charge the full $8 for shipping. If I would have not called them back they would probably have been shipped with out even a simple curtesy call. Granted the lures were on clearance but I know for a fact that many of the stores have the same lures currently on their shelves. I really hate to post this negative review about one of my favorite stores but I think that it is needed to help them improve their customer service. They offered no options other than to ship only 3 lures or cancel the full order. I know Cabelas, Scheels, and Bass Pro Shops would have made things right and have done so for me in the past.

Disappointing day for Fleet Farm.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was going to post that on a positive note they have the lowest price gas in town, Good thing I checked first, I would have been wrong by 26 cents. First time I've seen that.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Could be like west marine and not do a damn thing for a whole month. Then when I call them they tell me minnkota hasn't even built the onboard charger yet. Canceled order and found one somewhere else, albeit for more money.

sig357

Founding Member
Founding Member
Could be like west marine and not do a damn thing for a whole month. Then when I call them they tell me minnkota hasn't even built the onboard charger yet. Canceled order and found one somewhere else, albeit for more money.

Damn so happy I didnt order my new fish finder thru west marine. I have heard a few stories about them but went with Cabelas. Would have went Scheels if they could have ordered it.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just got a notification that a majority of my order from Fleet Farm was canceled for no stated reason. I assumed it was because they didn't have the items instock but that should not be my fault and should have found a way to honor the order. They also only emailed me and were going to send only the 3 lures that were not canceled and charge the full $8 for shipping. If I would have not called them back they would probably have been shipped with out even a simple curtesy call. Granted the lures were on clearance but I know for a fact that many of the stores have the same lures currently on their shelves. I really hate to post this negative review about one of my favorite stores but I think that it is needed to help them improve their customer service. They offered no options other than to ship only 3 lures or cancel the full order. I know Cabelas, Scheels, and Bass Pro Shops would have made things right and have done so for me in the past.

Lesson: For big box stores not known for online ordering, stick to Amazon.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member

Lesson: When the distribution center is out of stock, it doesn't matter what's on the store shelves. Additionally, nobody's going to pull merchandise off of a retail floor, pack it up, and ship it when they're already selling it @ cost or below.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lesson: When the distribution center is out of stock, it doesn't matter what's on the store shelves. Additionally, nobody's going to pull merchandise off of a retail floor, pack it up, and ship it when they're already selling it @ cost or below.
Clearly you've never delt with Rodgers sporting goods! They will do what it takes to make up for theit mistake even to the point they went to cabelas to pick up the peice they were missing for a customer.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Clearly you've never delt with Rodgers sporting goods! They will do what it takes to make up for theit mistake even to the point they went to cabelas to pick up the peice they were missing for a customer.

This is what I expect in customer service. Customer comes first and they make it right for their mistakes. It's not my fault they didn't have a good track on their inventory. These lures are fairly common and are readily available from the manufacturer. Offer a replacement or get the product I ordered, simple as that. I shouldn't matter if they are losing money on their mess up.

Nanky

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had the exact same experience at Cabelas two different times now. Order a product, receive a confirmation, only to find out a week later that they cancelled my order due to not having it. I've called them both times and they would not do anything to keep my business. I figured they would give me a discount on a similar product or something at least, but no such luck.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go in the store, and personally deal with the item and the salesman, works every time.
You will know if they have it in stock cause you will be holding it in your sweaty, greasy, nicotine stained, damn hands...haha

Since when is a business supposed to lose money to keep people happy? They didn't teach that one in econ 101, but I am almost retarded too, so what the hell do I know

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is what I expect in customer service. Customer comes first and they make it right for their mistakes. It's not my fault they didn't have a good track on their inventory. These lures are fairly common and are readily available from the manufacturer. Offer a replacement or get the product I ordered, simple as that. I shouldn't matter if they are losing money on their mess up.
The thing about yours that jumped out at me as laughable was the shipping. Pretty sad when I can order a couple dozen crank baits for 1/3 the price they are here and get them air mailed from flipping china for free to boot!

- - - Updated - - -

Go in the store, and personally deal with the item and the salesman, works every time.
You will know if they have it in stock cause you will be holding it in your sweaty, greasy, nicotine stained, damn hands...haha

Since when is a business supposed to lose money to keep people happy? They didn't teach that one in econ 101, but I am almost retarded too, so what the hell do I know
When you make a mistake like this you don't just look at the cost of now but the cost of later. If you don't factor that in you stand to not only loose that one sale or even that one customer but how word of mouth could impact sales later. This has become increasingly important with the Internet and this thread is living proof if it. You put a couple threads like this up on some of the big national boards and it can have a big impact over the long run!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am considering becoming a premiere crankbait troller this summer

where should I shop for flickershads and such?

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Scheels. If trolling in current situations, stay away from the flickers.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member

image.jpg

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member

At $3.99 I don't get to bent out of shape to order them(flicker shads) from whoever has free shipping. They don't seem to go on sale very often.

- - - Updated - - -

Schools runs a "Pro Pack" that has 3 flickers for 10.99.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
At $3.99 I don't get to bent out of shape to order them(flicker shads) from whoever has free shipping. They don't seem to go on sale very often.

- - - Updated - - -

Schools runs a "Pro Pack" that has 3 flickers for 10.99.

go-to size colors for DL?

- - - Updated - - -

Planer boards and a pylon?

uh - no

- - - Updated - - -

halp meeee....

I need a backup for kids, old people, and kids if slip bobbers leave me hanging

could be worse - I could be asking about botto... bot.... bottom.... I can't say it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 88
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33