Carp fishing

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure why but I have a sudden urge to go carp fishing

carp.jpg

carponizer carp fishing calendar 2017 (German) Spiral-bound – Wall Calendar, 2016 by Hendrik Pohler (Author)

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good stuff. Anyone caught a carp through the ice?

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last weekend i was fishing on Oahe in 30 ft, when all of the sudden a big mark shows up on my vexilar about 5 ft off the bottom. I pull up to the mark and all of the sudden the fight was on. I was pretty sure it wasn't a walleye, i knew it wasn't a pike, and after a few long runs i got my first glimpse. It was a big carp and i had him snagged behind his front pectoral fin. I got him up to the hole a couple times but he would run again and eventually popped the hook out. It was fun, but of course was disappointed it wasn't a walleye or trout or salmon.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
if you could get them to bite, they would be a blast through the ice. i ain't much for cleaning fish once i leave the ice after drinking a couple of beers. so, this carp fishing seems like it would be my cup of tea. other than the fact we don't really have carp round these parts and i don't like driving more than 5 miles to ice fish.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a high school buddy who bowfished/speared them during the hard water season. Would cut a big hole in the shallows and wait for them to cruise through. He'd figure out their travel corridors and stack them up. Great fun in the winter.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's possible to target them. There's some stuff on UTube. I don't know if this was a "target".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgH1IRRJtTg

- - - Updated - - -

There's also some stuff on spearing. Do ya'll believe a bow should be allowed in a darkhouse? I do.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sam wood outdoors has a video from a wintertime carp shoot. He stacked em up like cardboard

Cord-wood

Last edited:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder if (yuck) that red meat could be treated as tuna?

One fine day a man caught a very large carp. It was so large and beautiful he didn't have the heart to kill it. He quickly returned home and placed the great fish in a bathtub. Each day he drained a bit of water until eventually the fish could breathe air.

On day on a walk while crossing a small bridge above a brook; the carp slipped off and drowned.

The fisherman was overwhelmed with grief over the irony as he forgot to gradually re-fill the tub and vary the regimen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCmsZUN4r_s

Last edited:

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's possible to target them. There's some stuff on UTube. I don't know if this was a "target".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgH1IRRJtTg

- - - Updated - - -

There's also some stuff on spearing. Do ya'll believe a bow should be allowed in a darkhouse? I do.

It must be somewhat hard to get them to bite considering how many guys are out there using bait that should theoretically trigger them yet I've never seen one caught. Last year down at cattail I had waves of big marks coming through every couple minutes. Eventually dropped the camera down and it was groups of five to ten big ass common carp coasting by. It was odd they had no reaction to anything going on down there! Best way to describe them was they almost looked like they were doing the fish version of sleep walking!?

bowcarp

Founding Member
Founding Member

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
How far down does the arrow stay effective?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 132
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 49