CCW Renewal

fullrut

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone renew a class 2 CCW lately? Tried to do it online through the AG's website and every link goes to first time applications.

fullrut

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like they're using the same form for both functions. Not noted very clearly. Not exactly what I would call an online renewal. Still have to fill out the form and mail it in and a $60 fee.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Interesting..I'll be needing to renew mine here soon, think I'll just print off the form and do the snail mail thing......They may not have their ducks in a row with the online app to work correctly..notify their webmaster if nothing else and explain to them whats going on at your end.

fullrut

Founding Member
Founding Member
I may just hold off an upgrade to a class 1 at the end of October. Have a buddy putting on the class. $90 for the class 1 course and testing, $60 for the class 2 renewal.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you wanna carry in more states...thats all the class 1 covers....if thats what you wanna do, more power to ya.....I'm fine with my class 2. Don't plan on running all over the country and carrying anyways, so don't need it, just need it for neighboring states I'm fine and dandy with that.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah the ND Class 1 CCW is the one to have now as it has about the best reciprocity with other states than any others now after the last couple legislation sessions cleaned up some language and changes some laws within it.
I have had the Utah CCW permit as it used to be the best as well as the ND class 2 as utah requires a permit from your state of residence to get or renew the utah permit now too, but the last few years some states made reciprocity harder and utah dropped off several states due to the 18 year olds being able to get it rather than upping it 21 years old.
Thing about the ND class 1 is one needs to do practale shooting test for every renewal now too rather than a new form and pic alone.

Kasey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was a bit confused too. Yes, it's the same form. You're considered an applicant, even if you're renewing. If it's a new permit you are a "new" applicant, I guess. Typical government form.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since when did renewal get jacked up to $60? I thought it was $25???? As of a few years ago. Also, make sure you are eligible for a class 1. My college days won't allow me to hold a class 1 at the moment maybe not ever. Haha

fullrut

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since when did renewal get jacked up to $60? I thought it was $25???? As of a few years ago. Also, make sure you are eligible for a class 1. My college days won't allow me to hold a class 1 at the moment maybe not ever. Haha

My friend giving the class says if it's been over ten years since "college days", you're good to go.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 175
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57