COLA

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
OK the goverment hypes up that SS gets a record increase then turns around and adds 20% increase to Medicare just how the hell does that work? Sould the Medicare be the same % increase as COLA increase and the almost 6% SS increase dont even come close to help make ends meet. I got about a 80$ increase and then they take 30$ back just for part B. If I add in drug increase and other insurance increase I am loosing right there. They shoot horses dont they. LB

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Glad you started this topic LB, I didn't look what my cola adjustment was but I do know that we can't afford part B and insurance both so we kept insurance and declined part B , Thinking we might do it later . Now I read that if we wait too long to sign up for part B the price goes up substantially.. Our insurance pays pretty good so I'm froze in my tracks as what to do. Thinking about the time we dropped our insurance one of us would have some major setback that could clean us out. It's one of those things thats easy to put off because it makes my head hurt.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been subject to COLA (Cost Of Living Adjustment) ever since I was in the Marine Corps. It has never kept up with inflation, no reason to think it's going to start doing so now. Note, this frame of reference only goes back to the 1980s.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
As with everything govt. They give a little with the right hand, Take away a little bit more with the left, and all the while push you further over at the waist telling you it's for your own safety that you need to grab your ankles, do whatever we tell you to do, take your medicine, pay your taxes, and show your papers. And folks keep thinking the govt. cares about them and if I can only make it 2 more years until I can make my vote count and get the next liar into office who claims to be trying to help me, everything will be better. Meanwhile, a can of tuna went from 50 cents to a 1.20, you can buy guns without available ammo, electrical grids crash, oil pipelines are shut off, ships aren't allowed to unload, auto parts are like unicorns, and thousands of americans are abandoned in foreign countries. Astonishing!!! I will be hoping 2022 is better whilst planning for more of the same. Stay warm out there fellas.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 30