Colorado wolves

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
The voters of Colorado voted for this, and other than the governor nobody was smiling when they released these. The largest elk herd in the states will be decimated within 5-10 years. Don't have to look far to see what the wolves have done to other western states.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Elk were already down around 40% from last winter, this ain't gonna help...

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good plan but you better be smart they have gps trackers with death monitors and some nerd sitting in a room watching there every move with QRF teams waiting to investigate. If only they put this much effort in border controll
Not sure if it's true or not, but from what I heard is if a wolf does mysteriously die, they will ping all phones within a 5 mile radius and then you get to prove your innocence. If that is the case, just make sure you don't bring your phone ;)

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure if it's true or not, but from what I heard is if a wolf does mysteriously die, they will ping all phones within a 5 mile radius and then you get to prove your innocence. If that is the case, just make sure you don't bring your phone ;)
or pickup unless its a 1976 ford with no electronics. More or less have to run dark at night

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Exactly why it’s dangerous to allow emotional voters to dictate game management.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ah yes Ballot Box Biology. City slickers vote this stuff in and then the hunters, ranchers etc who all voted against it are the ones who have to pay for it and deal with the repercussions.

Greenhorn

Honored Member
I lived in CO when this was on the ballot and voted against it. The problem isn’t necessarily having wolves, but not being able to regulate their numbers. Wolves are cool, and can help to naturally balance out the food chain, but there’s no way a state like CO would give out wolf tags, even if the feds allowed it. That’s the issue Minnesota has been facing for 10+ years. Too many wolves decimating deer populations.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Exactly why it’s dangerous to allow emotional voters to dictate game management.
Ah yes Ballot Box Biology. City slickers vote this stuff in and then the hunters, ranchers etc who all voted against it are the ones who have to pay for it and deal with the repercussions.

So, you both seem to be saying what I'm thinking. The landowner/hunter relationship is no longer strong enough in Colorado to stop something that probably greater than half of all landowners and hunters were against.

Hmmm, I often wonder how long before ND finds itself in the same boat? Because let's face it, with land increasingly controlled by a smaller number of landowners, and those larger landowners' policies become more hunter unfriendly, the number of hunters friendly to landowner concerns also fall.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bingo.

The steps are already in motion. Again you need to ask why the farm bureau is so involved with the bait ban. They have no interest in hunting, in fact they prefer game numbers down. They have interest in control and are getting a lot of free labor from the anti GNF/CWD movement. Like you said the problem is long term public favor for farmers will fall, sportsmen will already out be of the equation, corporations own everything. Everybody loses. I’ll tell you right now, your loyalty will not be rewarded when you say you testified against Jeb while asking cargill outfitters for permission.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So, you both seem to be saying what I'm thinking. The landowner/hunter relationship is no longer strong enough in Colorado to stop something that probably greater than half of all landowners and hunters were against.

Hmmm, I often wonder how long before ND finds itself in the same boat? Because let's face it, with land increasingly controlled by a smaller number of landowners, and those larger landowners' policies become more hunter unfriendly, the number of hunters friendly to landowner concerns also fall.
No the front range liberals control that. Its no different than one of bha leaders getting the spring bear season closed. Pull on the heart strings of the city people and you get the vote. I would go with 99% of land owners and hunters and any one else not in boulder or denver voted against this.

In what boat would nd be in the same way? Even as bad as the relationship may be up there i dont feel nd has gone the full liberal crazy as colorado has.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
No the front range liberals control that. Its no different than one of bha leaders getting the spring bear season closed. Pull on the heart strings of the city people and you get the vote. I would go with 99% of land owners and hunters and any one else not in boulder or denver voted against this.

In what boat would nd be in the same way? Even as bad as the relationship may be up there i dont feel nd has gone the full liberal crazy as colorado has.
GuywholivesinliberalFargo has entered the thread. 🤓

Remember Heidi being voted in?

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member

If you’re referring to the Washington spring bear hunt fiasco, I believe you have it backwards. BHA advocated for it to remain open.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
GuywholivesinliberalFargo has entered the thread. 🤓

Remember Heidi being voted in?
Heidi is a hard line conservative when you compare her to Colorado. that with standing if you would try and introduce wolves you would have both fb and hunters on the same side for that fight. I would assume there are still enough even in fargo that it would not fly.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you’re referring to the Washington spring bear hunt fiasco, I believe you have it backwards. BHA advocated for it to remain open.
Nope David Peterson who was in charge of bha for colorado was a leader for the closure of spring bear in 1994.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope David Peterson who was in charge of bha for colorado was a leader for the closure of spring bear in 1994.
Gotcha. In any case I don’t think re-introduction of wolves in the prairie states would be popular with anyone. Nor would it accomplish anything at all and that’s why I’m not sure it’s even worth discussing. The parallel to ND is that we have opposite viewpoints and an uneducated public that can be steered to vote against the interest of outdoorsmen (and/or the ag business) based on emotions. Ballot box biology was one of the better ways I’ve seen it put.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gotcha, admittedly a little before my time.
Not to de rail but people like ty stubblefield quitting once he got to know the inner workings and others who have left and then to have a chairman like Ryan Busse the true colors are showing. Backing people like Deb Haaland who wants to cut use and hunting acres any chance she gets sure seems counter productive to what they say they are doing.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88