DAPL

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
we all do. it's the safest way to transport any hazardous material.

I not against the pipeline in anyway these injuns who are causing problems will run its course, I wonder who will get a paycheck when this pipe line comes online. I won't personally receive a dime unless we get a royalty check.:;:muahaha

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
lunker,

In reality, every ND taxpayer benefits. ND crude oil sells at a significant discount to West Texas Intermediate because of transportation costs. Right around $10-15 per barrel based on the average difference in price. Let's say a pipeline causes a $5 rise in what ND oil sells for on the open market because of lower transport costs. That's $5 x $1,000,000 that is now taxable at the rate of 10% for Production and Extraction taxes, or a nice cool $500,000 a day for the coffers of ND, or $182,500,000 a year. Add onto that the income taxes paid at a rate of ~3% on the remaining 4.5 million in extra income a day for the royalty owners, and you get another $135,000 a day, or $49,275,000 a year. So basically, that's $237.8 million extra dollars a year the State doesn't need to ask you for your support to raise.

Make no mistake, this is an important economic engine for not only continued oil and gas development, but for tax revenue paid by the few so you don't have to.

Of course, someone could always argue a bit with my numbers, so take them with a large grain of salt because oil produced on the reservation owned by a tribal member is exempt from these taxes, I think. So that would lower this a fair amount because of production on Fort Berthold. Maybe 20%, or so?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's was definitely interesting to see all the out of state plates taking the cut across between 6 and cannonball well I was down glassing deer this morning. the big barricades of razor wire on the shoulder for 6 south of st. Anthony were little different to! but other then those two things and a distinct increase in traffic on 6 everything else was pretty much normal. did see allot more deer then years past and a shit pot of pheasants so hopefully the deer heard is getting back to mid 2000's numbers but will have to wait and see on that one.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
lunker,

In reality, every ND taxpayer benefits. ND crude oil sells at a significant discount to West Texas Intermediate because of transportation costs. Right around $10-15 per barrel based on the average difference in price. Let's say a pipeline causes a $5 rise in what ND oil sells for on the open market because of lower transport costs. That's $5 x $1,000,000 that is now taxable at the rate of 10% for Production and Extraction taxes, or a nice cool $500,000 a day for the coffers of ND, or $182,500,000 a year. Add onto that the income taxes paid at a rate of ~3% on the remaining 4.5 million in extra income a day for the royalty owners, and you get another $135,000 a day, or $49,275,000 a year. So basically, that's $237.8 million extra dollars a year the State doesn't need to ask you for your support to raise.

Make no mistake, this is an important economic engine for not only continued oil and gas development, but for tax revenue paid by the few so you don't have to.

Of course, someone could always argue a bit with my numbers, so take them with a large grain of salt because oil produced on the reservation owned by a tribal member is exempt from these taxes, I think. So that would lower this a fair amount because of production on Fort Berthold. Maybe 20%, or so?

OK how does this offset cost for gas prices at the pump doest the gas we buy come from Saudi oil which we buy to refine in our refinery.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gas is cheaper because the threat of Bakken Oil caused the Saudis to flood the market which lowered prices.

Saudis have lower cost of production as well as a huge cash surplus.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So when we start selling Bakken oil via DAPL will this lower the price of fuel.at the pump here in Devils Lake

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
No, for some reason market forces, supply and demand, seem to have no effect on prices there.

:)

weedy1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Allen brings up a good point about the value of a barrel of oil produced here in ND versus a barrel produced in Texas close to the major refineries. You would think a ND barrel refined at the Mandan refinery would result in our gasoline prices being lower due to the transportation reduction. But that is certainly not the case. Wonder who profits from refining this cheap oil that doesn't have to travel across country through a pipeline, on a truck, or a railroad tanker?

We pay more for fruits, vegetables, seafood, etc. because we are so far from the source of these goods. When you pay as much or more for gasoline than locations far removed from oil sources and refineries someone has to be gouging us unfairly!

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thank you Weedy that is exactly what I was looking for thank you the only ones who are going to benifet from the Bakken oil is those who work in the oil fields, those who don't only see prices of food gas energy prices go up and my pay check getting smaller. Thank you again weedy1

- - - Updated - - -

No, for some reason market forces, supply and demand, seem to have no effect on prices there.

:)

OK please tell me the price of gas won't go up then when the DAPL goes online

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gas is cheaper because the threat of Bakken Oil caused the Saudis to flood the market which lowered prices.

Saudis have lower cost of production as well as a huge cash surplus.

Spent time in Saudi. (yeah it felt like a desert jail) What a hell hole.. We bought jet fuel etc and its easy to see how cheap their production is vs the Bakken. Easier to get to the oil and they hire other countries folks, Filipinos, etc at a few bucks a day to do all the dirty work.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have on question: who on here is going to personally benefit from this pipeline?
I'll benefit. It'll cost my company less money to ship oil so they make more profit. Which, when the prices are low, ensures I keep my job. And when they profit more our annual bonus is much higher.

- - - Updated - - -

OK how does this offset cost for gas prices at the pump doest the gas we buy come from Saudi oil which we buy to refine in our refinery.
we are buying less saudi oil all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Weedy that is exactly what I was looking for thank you the only ones who are going to benifet from the Bakken oil is those who work in the oil fields, those who don't only see prices of food gas energy prices go up and my pay check getting smaller. Thank you again weedy1

- - - Updated - - -

OK please tell me the price of gas won't go up then when the DAPL goes online
it's more about supply and demand. the pipeline will not change any of that. it will only affect the safety of oil transportation and reduce the cost to transport it.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks eye for being honest, now when all that craziness comes into town please don't shoot yourself in the foot. I can see now why you are so hard on the protesters more.than anything else it's affecting your wallet.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks eye for being honest, now when all that craziness comes into town please don't shoot yourself in the foot. I can see now why you are so hard on the protesters more.than anything else it's affecting your wallet.
I think the days of total chaos are gone. we will probably never see 200 rigs again. Maybe 120 but not 200. Things are changing quickly out here. Don't need 200 rigs when the leases are tied up. And we are learning that just because you can TD a hole in 10 days now it's probably not in our best interest. Piss poor drilling causes expensive problems that can't always be corrected when it comes time to produce the well. My issue with the protestors is somewhat mixed. I have relatives that are Native American. But they haven't lived on the reservation for the past fifty years. They are very successful off the reservation. I can sympathize with their reasoning for this but they pissed away their opportunity when they didn't show up for the meetings with consultants, etc. In fact my uncle's nephew is the attorney for the Standing Rock Tribe. So I have some insight from their side and they are really grasping at straws here. But there is very little representation in this mix of people that are actually from the Standing Rock tribe. And the camps have turned into nothing but raping and pillaging, looting and destroying. And they have nothing to show for it except setting race relations back 200 years. And the resentfulness the people feel towards them is growing daily.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Allen brings up a good point about the value of a barrel of oil produced here in ND versus a barrel produced in Texas close to the major refineries. You would think a ND barrel refined at the Mandan refinery would result in our gasoline prices being lower due to the transportation reduction. But that is certainly not the case. Wonder who profits from refining this cheap oil that doesn't have to travel across country through a pipeline, on a truck, or a railroad tanker?

We pay more for fruits, vegetables, seafood, etc. because we are so far from the source of these goods. When you pay as much or more for gasoline than locations far removed from oil sources and refineries someone has to be gouging us unfairly!
I think the refiners all pay the same market price for crude and the producers pay the shipping costs off the sale price. The producers will be able to make more profit for the same barrel and will help sustain production in ND.

Cheap gasoline prices depend on the amount of competition. Fargo is the cheapest because it has three different supplying pipelines. It also depends on transportation costs. The farther it is trucked from the end of the pipeline the more it costs.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the days of total chaos are gone. we will probably never see 200 rigs again. Maybe 120 but not 200. Things are changing quickly out here. Don't need 200 rigs when the leases are tied up. And we are learning that just because you can TD a hole in 10 days now it's probably not in our best interest. Piss poor drilling causes expensive problems that can't always be corrected when it comes time to produce the well. My issue with the protestors is somewhat mixed. I have relatives that are Native American. But they haven't lived on the reservation for the past fifty years. They are very successful off the reservation. I can sympathize with their reasoning for this but they pissed away their opportunity when they didn't show up for the meetings with consultants, etc. In fact my uncle's nephew is the attorney for the Standing Rock Tribe. So I have some insight from their side and they are really grasping at straws here. But there is very little representation in this mix of people that are actually from the Standing Rock tribe. And the camps have turned into nothing but raping and pillaging, looting and destroying. And they have nothing to show for it except setting race relations back 200 years. And the resentfulness the people feel towards them is growing daily.

My gosh eye that was some insightful non confrontational response to a great reply, that's the eye I know. Much better it's all going to come to an end soon don't let your frustration blind you from what's important eye your peace and serenity.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

Not at all, to my knowledge. That's another level up on the big picture, maybe two levels up.

- - - Updated - - -

Tesoro. Period.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
U know how it goes for ice fishermen and snowmobiles. It's all fun and games until that two week period mid January when it blows 50mph and it seems like 40below all day and night U see few venture out that will be the end of the campS as we know it. That is when u bore the river and sue the fed govt

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Every last one of us will benefit from it. If you have a 401k retirement account there's a pretty good chance you have money riding on companies like Enbridge or Marathon, whether you know it/like it or not. If the pipeline gets finiches the transportation cost per barrel of oil goes from 15-17$/ barrel down to about 4$/ barrel... this equates to more profits for the oil company which in turn means higher value on the stock that I'm sure most people own but don't realize.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am going to have to investigate this 401k I have. If I do invest in oil I am going to see if I can change my investment to something else like weed.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 98
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 33