Deer Rut 2018

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
checked a new camera spot last night, had multiple different bucks running back and forth across the camera the last few evenings. I could barely make out the size of their racks they were moving so fast, can only assume they were doing some chasing.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think this year's rut is going to be WAY different than what it's been in past years.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
it seems the same to me every year

controlled by daylight length since nature is planning for births next spring, not next week

Ugly Dogs

Founding Member
Founding Member
like the monster that was arrowed a couple days ago.

Haven't heard about this one. Any pics?

I was out again tonight and watched 2 average bucks bird dogging different does. There was another bigger buck that I would shoot opening weekend watching them but not really making any effort. They were right in front of one of my cameras so I'm pretty excited to pull that card tomorrow. In my area I have always seen good rut activity around the 12th - 16th.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got a week for the corn to come down. Hopefully they're hitting it hard in 2F1!!!

;:;boozer

They are not . There'll be lots and lots of corn and lots of beans still out for opener . Maybe by thanksgiving it'll be mostly off . Might wanna rethink strategies if relying on crops to be off

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haven't heard about this one. Any pics?

I was out again tonight and watched 2 average bucks bird dogging different does. There was another bigger buck that I would shoot opening weekend watching them but not really making any effort. They were right in front of one of my cameras so I'm pretty excited to pull that card tomorrow. In my area I have always seen good rut activity around the 12th - 16th.

Yes there was a pic of it in a thread on here a couple days ago , It was a monster Never did check back to see if the guy scored it.

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's what I thought . Bet you could find said thread if you clicked on forums , and when you get to forum page scroll down to deer and click on deer .

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well if deer patterns were kinda tight but they would be better than nice life would rather be in touch. Thanks

ktm450

★★ Legendary Member
watched a small buck chase 6 does last night in the field behind my house while 2 other young small bucks battle it out between mine and my neighbors property.

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
Deer movement was absolutely insane this weekend, and seeing all the photos online, a boatttt load of deer fell by way of arrow. And some damn big ones too (Multiple 180's+ whitetails). My nephew hammered his first buck ever, a 120ish inch 4x5, 3.5 year old deer. He made a very nice, quartering to 15 yard shot, and the deer ran about 75 yards and expired quickly. Grandpa was right next to him in the blind. Told me it was the highlight of his hunting life so far, seeing a grandkid take a deer with a bow. I sat Saturday evening, Sunday morning and evening on a large chunk of public ground about a half hour from home. Hands down the most deer I've ever seen sitting in a ground blind. 20+ Saturday evening, and at least a dozen both Sunday morning and evening.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Got a gazzlon acres of wet corn standing in my hunting area and it dont look like its comming off anytime soon.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got a gazzlon acres of wet corn standing in my hunting area and it dont look like its comming off anytime soon.

By mid-Sept I thought if ever there was a year that the corn would all be off for deer season, this was it! Lots of heat, early maturation, I figured they'd even be saving a fair amount of $$ by having very little dry-down propane to buy.

WRONG!!!

I guess it's better than a tornado, straightline winds, or hail as sooner or later, there is a crop to harvest. Mother Nature must've decided she needed to leave ND's deer a lot more places to hide this season.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Deer movement was absolutely insane this weekend, and seeing all the photos online, a boatttt load of deer fell by way of arrow. And some damn big ones too (Multiple 180's+ whitetails). My nephew hammered his first buck ever, a 120ish inch 4x5, 3.5 year old deer. He made a very nice, quartering to 15 yard shot, and the deer ran about 75 yards and expired quickly. Grandpa was right next to him in the blind. Told me it was the highlight of his hunting life so far, seeing a grandkid take a deer with a bow. I sat Saturday evening, Sunday morning and evening on a large chunk of public ground about a half hour from home. Hands down the most deer I've ever seen sitting in a ground blind. 20+ Saturday evening, and at least a dozen both Sunday morning and evening.
Where are the pics of all these 180 inch bucks?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88