Delivery Drivers

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will say this and tell my son all the time that there are gonna be opportunities abound going forward if a guy is willing to learn a trade or skill and has a decent amount of ambition. Electritions, HVAC, plumber, mechanics, auto body, welding, flooring, countertops, anything to do with building. In twenty years these are gonna be top paying fields. No college needed find a skill you enjoy doing and make a buisness out of it. You will make a killing.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Work hard then learn to wok smart, combine the two and you will do good. LB

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_3659.png

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wyndmere and Wahpeton are 25 miles apart and it takes 5 days for mail to go from one to the other. been there done that. LB

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
No speaking english?
He actually spoke and understood English well, but it definitely wasn't his first language. The problem was trying to guide him on Google Maps to my door. He didn't know what a mile was, and not sure if he knew north was up. HWY 24 is also 1806 that was an absolute mind blower.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
UPS driver showed up at 6:30 last night , I didn't have anything handy for a treat for him but I said your burning the midnight oil and he said it isn't even late yet.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will say this and tell my son all the time that there are gonna be opportunities abound going forward if a guy is willing to learn a trade or skill and has a decent amount of ambition. Electritions, HVAC, plumber, mechanics, auto body, welding, flooring, countertops, anything to do with building. In twenty years these are gonna be top paying fields. No college needed find a skill you enjoy doing and make a buisness out of it. You will make a killing.

Did you see the video of Moorhead careered academy in the stories of awesome things thread ? That is the direction we need to be going.. I wish our grandkids had an opportunity like that, it sounds like they get some hefty donations from big businesses

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
He actually spoke and understood English well, but it definitely wasn't his first language. The problem was trying to guide him on Google Maps to my door. He didn't know what a mile was, and not sure if he knew north was up. HWY 24 is also 1806 that was an absolute mind blower.
Hahaha, thanx.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
FedEx did deliver my package the next day!

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tale as old as time, people bitching about the generation that they raised......

Part of the why has already been covered. High school and most college kids don't have to work. That's because of their parents and not them. I sure as shit wouldn't have worked through college if my parents were footing the bill. Would anyone here have chosen flipping burgers or waiting tables over parent-sponsored partying in their early 20s?

The second part is that starting with Millennials, people are putting experiences over things. My hunting mentor died 10 years ago this month and hammered into my head that "the best things in life aren't things." I'm 36 and I calculated it last night and I will work 179 days in 2023. That's 3.4 days a week. My wife hasn't seen a patient since May when our baby was born. She will start seeing patients two days a week starting next week. We live comfortably, frugally, within our means financially, and save plenty for retirement. We camp, we hunt, we fish, we ski, and we spend a substantial amount of time together as a family. As we keep getting raises, we both plan on working less and less. I'd rather do all those things listed above than double the size of my house, buy a fancy boat, or upgrade our 20 year old vehicles. No problem with people that think the opposite of me, but don't call me or my generation lazy because we have a different set of priorities. My brother is ten years younger than me and just earned captain at his airline job in under a year. He took the raise and dropped his hours by 25%. Some would call that lazy, but I bet 99.9% of those people couldn't do the backpack camping trips that he does on his extra off time.

What do you do the other 3.6 days a week?!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84