Drop shot Walleyes

BGH

Founding Member
Founding Member
moved to a different state and a lot of people around here drop shot for walleyes, instead of pitch jigs.

Anyone ever done this? If so, what kind of set up do you use?

Wanting to give it a try some day. Thanks for the input.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can buy hooks with a swivel or learn to tie the rig. Then a drop shot weight that pinches the line. Nose hook the plastic or minnow and bounce back to the boat/shore. i had the intention of trying it last year and got stuck in my ways.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Deadly but slow presentation, instead of a weight I used a jig with a minnow.

TVolkZV

Founding Member
Founding Member
7' to 7'3" medium light extra fast taper 26 ipt reel. the medium light will help you control the fish with the lighter line you'll be using while the taper will help pick up and slack line faster and help with a more positive hook set. as far as line twist if you are getting line twist you really are fishing it too fast as huff said it is a super slow presentation the idea is to maintain a controlled depth off bottom and just sit in one place and twitch the bait on the nose of a finicky fish

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drop shoting for finicky perch, panfish during hard water season should also be in your arsenal bag of tricks to try and fool them. Just sayin

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
And another score for us bass faggots.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll say it again, much knowledge can be gleaned from bass shows and tactics allowing one to escape the tedium of bright little beads and such effeminate adornments.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty soon Texas and Carlolina rigs will become standard for walleye. Oh wait, Lindy Rig = Carolina Rig.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
My trout fishing world changed when I found a 4in, fully clawed, hardshell crayfish in the belly of a 12in stocked brook trout. The natives back in the Hills look like the ones in Labrador; stocked are green with white spots. I believe the DNR gets this variety from Maine.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
And another score for us bass faggots.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll say it again, much knowledge can be gleaned from bass shows and tactics allowing one to escape the tedium of bright little beads and such effeminate adornments.

Bright little beads and effeminate adornments???? Who you tryin' to kid?? Most bass baits have enough bling on them to make Liberace jealous.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's 90's new developed in gin clear California lakes. I don't recall the point of the thread being age.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess my point is that there is lots of info out there on it, it's uses and benefits over other types of getting bait down there.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33