Eating fish eggs

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oddly, while I agree the Asian people tend to be fine connoisseurs of the odd, I don't remember seeing them as an option. Water bugs, minnows in a glass of water, squirming octopus on the plate, larvae, fried flies, monkey, dog, and bolut (baked bird in the shell) are all on the menu depending on where you find yourself dining. But not fish eggs, hmmm?

And before some of you think the above are weird, many people from northern Africa think our eating of lobster and crab is disgusting.
I ate them in soup in S. Korea and Taiwan

(I think anyway - i wuzh pritty hammmered)

and they're common in/on sushi of course - the little pop you feel when you bite into those tiny orange eggs (flying fish?) on the outside of rolls is a favorite of mine

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ah hah, that's why I never ran across them.

Sushi and sashimi are not on my list of things to eat. Rice better be fried, fish need to be cooked, and WTF is with that sea weed (kelp?) wrapping?

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm surprised that man hasn't adapted to the idea of eating fish eggs. Or maybe they did and phased it out a few generations ago when they became farmers rather than gatherers. Fish eggs sound better than pig brains ,blood sausage or cow tongue. Those was common back when they butchered thier own beef and pork , not much went to waste.
When helping my grandfather butcher he said the only thing he throws away is the squeal

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84